• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Illinois Governor Blagojevich in federal custody

for corruption.
    The illinois-chicago tradition lives on!

cnn
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Illinois Governor Blagojevich in federal custody

A 76-page FBI affidavit alleges that Blagojevich was intercepted on court-authorized wiretaps during the last month conspiring to sell or trade Illinois' U.S. Senate seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama for financial and other personal benefits for himself and his wife. At various times, in exchange for the Senate appointment, Blagojevich discussed obtaining:

A substantial salary for himself at a either a non-profit foundation or an organization affiliated with labor unions;

Placing his wife on paid corporate boards where he speculated she might garner as much as $150,000 a year;

Promises of campaign funds – including cash up front; and

A cabinet post or ambassadorship for himself.
    Blagojevich said: "I'm going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain." He added later that the seat "is a [expletive] valuable thing, you just don't give it away for nothing."
    this guy is toast, if not legally, definitely in the elections.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

wow. that's all I can say. wow.

Comment

• superdave
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
        wow. that's all I can say. wow.
        Ditto on the Wow. Watching the press conference now and can't believe all of the stuff this guy is being accused of. I heard Obama's seat for sale to highest bidder, fire the entire newspaper staff of editors at the Tribune, etc.
        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

hmmm.. labor unions.

Comment

• Miroslav
            WHOA I can change this!1!
            • Apr 2006

I'm sure this never happens and goes unnoticed with other greedy, powerful politicians.
            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

I remember when he first got into office, he was doing some pretty progressive things, like dealing with Canada re Rx drugs, etc. and I was pretty excited to see what he'd do. There's been a lot of smoke circling him for a while now so I can't say I'm completely surprised, but I am blown away at how brazen he apparently was. Again, wow.

Comment

• thesightless
                Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                • Jun 2004

if there is one place u dont fuck around with its the post vacated by the presidential elect...

jackass
                your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

free public transport for the over 65's !! nicely done IMO

but there has been smoke for a long time as toasty said.

There is some room in ex Govenor Ryans cell I think!
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

my 'surprise-o-meter' didn't budge.

Corruption is in the goddamn job description.
                    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• shosh
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                      I remember when he first got into office, he was doing some pretty progressive things, like dealing with Canada re Rx drugs, etc. and I was pretty excited to see what he'd do. There's been a lot of smoke circling him for a while now so I can't say I'm completely surprised, but I am blown away at how brazen he apparently was. Again, wow.
                      if you ever expected this douche to do anything good, then you werent familiar at all with the chicago political machine... but then again you expect good things from obama too... how long have i been saying shit about the corruption in il and you kept dismissing me as a right-wingnut... gtfo

Originally posted by thesightless
                      if there is one place u dont fuck around with its the post vacated by the presidential elect...

jackass
                      welcome to illinois... home of our pres elect

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

^betting he's going to pull a hillary and move his family to another state.

that is too goddamn close for comfort

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

It would be REALLY REFRESHING to see someone in Barack Obama's camp tipped off the FBI or Fitzgerald about the attempts that G-Rod made to buy a cabinet post!!!

That's just me.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
                            Sir Toastiness
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shosh
                            if you ever expected this douche to do anything good, then you werent familiar at all with the chicago political machine... but then again you expect good things from obama too... how long have i been saying shit about the corruption in il and you kept dismissing me as a right-wingnut... gtfo

welcome to illinois... home of our pres elect
                            dude, I can see Illinois from my house and do more work in Illinois than I do in Missouri. I am very familiar with the Illinois political machine. I do not, however, see Obama as being cut from that cloth. Hope I'm right.

They actually just read excerpts from Blago's taped phone calls on CNN a bit ago where he is complaining that Obama won't return his calls and that "all I'm gonna get from him is appreciation", not cash, following that up with "Fuck him." Sounds like they were tight...

Comment

• 88Mariner
                              My dick is smaller
                              • Nov 2006

This is bad news for Obama dude. G-rod aside, Obama is going to be embroiled in this for at least his first year in office. We're talking depositions, potential for perjury, and so forth.

And Obama DID, as it is now being reported, have several conversations w/ Blago regarding who to put into office, according to Axlerod.

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...