• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Re: how's sasha these days?

Originally posted by googleadsense
    I don't understand this '3 hours' joke. Can someone explain it to me? If it is not a 'joke', then it can't be ruined by explanation.

ok. nevermind. i found it. i agree that three hours to hit a stride is a bit long. I would rather hear Wahi (based on his Transitions set) play for a few hours and have digweed or sasha launch into peak time material for the last hour.
    If any DJ takes more than 3 hours to get in their stride they may as well give up. Especially when like Sasha or Digweed they have access to so many unreleased or exclusive tracks. If it takes 3 hours something is seriously wrong. This is not good work, If this is an example of world-class DJ-ing do not give these people money as they are spending it sucking on a crack pipe.
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chunky
      If any DJ takes more than 3 hours to get in their stride they may as well give up. Especially when like Sasha or Digweed they have access to so many unreleased or exclusive tracks. If it takes 3 hours something is seriously wrong. This is not good work, If this is an example of world-class DJ-ing do not give these people money as they are spending it sucking on a crack pipe.
      Joke's on us if that's the case with Sarsha

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• jay813
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2005

last sets ive heard were from last years never say never events. which by the way were outstanding...

its always the people who never see him live that say he's "poop"

although i will say out of the many times i have seen him live, he has turned up empty once or twice, so if you know a dj who spits fire at EVERY set, let me know, i havent heard of his name yet.

Comment

• Caley Martin
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Oct 2004

^^ if you're referring to me, I've seen him live plenty of times... I stopped paying attention to him when his musical tastes/standards shifted from what I came to expect from him and/or finding better music to listen to.
          For your aural infusion of Caley:
          http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
          http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
          http://ultrawizardsword.net
          RA: Caley

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jay813
            last sets ive heard were from last years never say never events. which by the way were outstanding...

although i will say out of the many times i have seen him live, he has turned up empty once or twice, so if you know a dj who spits fire at EVERY set, let me know, i havent heard of his name yet.
            You're right, and there have been many threads about this exact topic on MS.... they always come up when Sasha hasn't released any game changer mixes...

Isn't he supposed to be releasing something new soon, something along the lines of an ?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

personally i never think u should give up on a chance to see sasha as there is always a chance to see a spark of genius.... thats if u can afford to pay ticket fees though
              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• cohiba
                Addiction started
                • Jul 2008

I saw him a couple of weeks ago. He played a bunch of cool tracks, but overall his set was a bit too ploddy for my liking.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Actually you are wrong about that . I have seen him three times and am still waiting for the magic to happen. Didn't do a thing for me and seeing my tastes I would have expected him to. Because of those tastes I will give him at least one more go

Being on fire all the time is what we want but of course it can't happen all the time.
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
                    Actually you are wrong about that . I have seen him three times and am still waiting for the magic to happen. Didn't do a thing for me and seeing my tastes I would have expected him to. Because of those tastes I will give him at least one more go

Being on fire all the time is what we want but of course it can't happen all the time.
                    But no one can please you DIDI

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Sigh , who let out you again ?? How did I know it would be something like this. ??
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Haziel
                        Likes a finger upthere
                        • Jan 2007

Dark parteas!

Comment

• Dzone
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jul 2004

i will go out and see him end of this week, will let you know...
                          btw, when i saw him last Dec he was very very good ( 3 & 1/2 hrs set)
                          ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

I still prefer Digweed over Sasha ... Sasha is way too hit-or-miss. It's easier listening to his recorded sets and deleting them then to go out to a party he's playing.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Caley Martin
                              MCast Resident DJ
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Haziel
                              Dark parteas!
                              lulz.
                              Last edited by Caley Martin; March 28, 2011, 03:02:23 PM.
                              For your aural infusion of Caley:
                              http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
                              http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
                              http://ultrawizardsword.net
                              RA: Caley

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                                • Mar 2008

my advice to you then is this: dig deeper... there's music everywhere.

actually, i know quite a few deejays that throw down sets that are FIRING... ALL THE TIME. to be blunt and frank, they're on point and too underground for most casual listeners.

seen sarshar here several times; but his sets are far too predictable, in my honest opinion. his skillz with the transition are top notch, in my book, or, atleast they were. him and john digweed just are not doing it for me anymore.
                                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...