X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palmer
    Retired or Simply Important
    • Jun 2004

Re: Feeding a Black Hole

^ ahh nice you're the second person to recommend that.... just ordered it.
    todayistomorrow
    art direction | design | animation

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
      I fed a black hole once.....Fucking skank...

Comment

• Dhar_2
        meat and potatoes
        • Jun 2004

Explanation: This impressive color composite shows spiral galaxy M81 across the electromagnetic spectrum. It combines X-ray data (blue) from the Chandra Observatory, infrared data (pink) from the Spitzer Space Telescope, and an ultraviolet image (purple) from the GALEX satellite, with a visible light (green) Hubble image. The inset highlights X-rays from some of M81's black holes, including black holes in binary star systems with about 10 times the mass of the sun, as well as the central, supermassive black hole of over 70 million solar masses. Comparing computer models of the giant black hole's energy output to the multiwavelength data suggests that feeding that monster is relatively simple -- energy and radiation is generated as material in the central region swirls inwards forming an accretion disk. In fact, the process otherwise appears to be just like the accretion process feeding M81's stellar mass black holes, even though the central black hole is millions of times more massive. M81 itself is about 70,000 light-years across and only 12 million light-years away in the northern constellation Ursa Major."
        in english please!!

ie. big black hole is big and eats lots of space matter!!! u r insignificant!!! lol

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Originally posted by Shiva
          All this is amazing, the infinitely BIG!!!

But the wicked thought kicks in when you think of the infinitely small ...

and we humans are "lost" somewhere in the middle
          the biggest discovery would be what connects the infinitely BIG with the infinitely small. Hopefully CERN should decipher the Higgs boson particle...... speaking of which, caught this interesting read on CNN today

I've been waiting for CERN to start its tests. Aug 2008 - to Infinity or BUST
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

^that is going to kill us all!

Comment

• unkownartist
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

i found a nasa site which hosts pictures taken from a satelite of various earth parts, cant remember the name of the site or address should i say but the pictures were unbelievable especially the one of mount killamongiro in africa

Comment

• shosh
                Banned
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                the biggest discovery would be what connects the infinitely BIG with the infinitely small. Hopefully CERN should decipher the Higgs boson particle...... speaking of which, caught this interesting read on CNN today

I've been waiting for CERN to start its tests. Aug 2008 - to Infinity or BUST
                yeah i saw that today too... goodbye world

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

naa I doubt it's gonna be a doomsday event..... remember the hype around Y2K ? granted this is on an infinitely more advanced scale but I doubt anything on the magnitude of what is being feared, will happen.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

Originally posted by red1
                    i found a nasa site which hosts pictures taken from a satelite of various earth parts, cant remember the name of the site or address should i say but the pictures were unbelievable especially the one of mount killamongiro in africa
                    jesus what a massacre
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                      • Mar 2008

i like to think of black holes as corresponding to the will and centers/ of the uber divine manifesting in the boundless.

i sure hope our earth donts merit oblitarationz by a rogue "black hole" tho. "y no kindness?" fuxck ignorance and such.

just a lil pondering.
                      Last edited by i!!ustrious; July 1, 2008, 05:38:10 AM. Reason: gamer lingo bust
                      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• palmer
                        Retired or Simply Important
                        • Jun 2004

^ Is that english....?

In any event- those CERN tests are exciting. Granted we probably won't see the results from the data for quite sometime but I'm sure there will be some answers. I for one am pretty excited to see what happens.

If anyone that fears earth being destroyed- would that be such a bad thing? This place is pretty fucked right now anyway. Might as well roll the dice.
                        todayistomorrow
                        art direction | design | animation

Comment

• Dhar_2
                          meat and potatoes
                          • Jun 2004

European Organization for Nuclear Research, known by its French initials CERN --
                          who gave the french nuclear devices again!!!!

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                            who gave the french nuclear devices again!!!!

good one dhar
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...