Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

I'm thinking about buying this... seems like I've seen a lot of good reviews about the H10. does the H10 have any downsides? pet peeves?

here's what I'm looking for in an mp3 player...
    • ability to copy music to it without any proprietary software (as a plug & play external drive)
    • decent fast forwarding
    • storage of any file type
    • rechargable removable battery

I think as long as I have those criteria met, I think I'll be happy with anything. seems like this one might be the way to go

Comment

• bart_smastard
      Gold Gabber
      • May 2005

Re: Is this MP3 player alright??

You asked in the other topic about the zen extra .. iv'e had a creative zen extra for 21 months battery is just begining to fade . but other than that iv'e not had single problem with it ( other than it blowing headphones on massive attacks - protection ) the software u get with it is good and there are very few media types it won't play . it is way too big by todays standards but till i have a problem with it i can't fault it . the only trouble u'll have is ppl will always suggest what they got which only leave u more confused picklemonkey . alot of ppl keep saying u don't need 20+ gig or even 5gig + but mines 40 and i hate having to decide what to remove from it to put on the new music i aquire . it all depends what u won't it for. if it's just to go jogging with or the gym ect.ect. then large capacity is prob not a priority .but if ure gonna sell ure system just keeping ure amp ( not wise to keep it all bcos if u used mp3 player last then switch to cd/phono and didn't remember to turn down output u'll blow ure speakers or frighten the neighbours . mp3 players kick out a fith of the juice as a seperate so u have to turn the volume way up.or put it through a pre amp ) what id'e look for personaly is capacity/batterylife/size then price in that order . output quality tends to be similar across the board and ease of use dosn't matter after uv'e had something for a few weeks because u get used to it .srry i couldn't simplify ure chioce but these things are all about the individual and what his needs are

Comment

• picklemonkey
        • Jun 2004

i think i'm settled on the h10... i'm just curious if anyone that has one has had any problems/peeves with it.

Comment

• picklemonkey
          • Jun 2004

well i'ma have to pass on the H10. Requires XP, proprietary USB cable, and managing files via explorer isn't well supported. looks like the 5GB Zen Micro is the way to go.

http://www.compuplus.com/i/MP3/MP3-Players/Creative-Zen-Micro-5GB-MP3-Player-Black-Finis...

slightly cheaper, smaller, removable rechargable battery, drag-and-drop file management, nonproprietary usb cable, sync tasks calendar and contacts with MS Outlook, radio, works with any version of Windows, allows storage of any file type, alarm clock, sound/radio recording, rated best audio quality of all mp3 players. that's fucking perfect exactly what I want. I can't believe there's so little talk about them anywhere on the board, especially with the made-for-techies options it has

anybody have one of these? comments before I buy it?

Comment

• picklemonkey
            • Jun 2004

Comment

Working...