X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

So I Produced This Fucking Ace Track...

What's the best way to get it online to let some people here and wherever listen to it?

EDIT: Track is in my post below.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: So I Produced This Fucking Ace Track...

Originally posted by MJDub
    What's the best way to get it online to let some people here and wherever listen to it?
    Upload it to mediafire
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Shiva
      MCast Mistress
      • Nov 2007

or sendspace

Comment

• MJDub
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Awesome, DIDI. Good call.

And so, without further ado, I present to [ms] a track titled "Silk Road" that I created in 2 days using 9 year old software I dug out of my closet (the original version of Techno eJay that came out in 1999, lol). So if the quality isn't perfect, keep that 9 year old software in mind. Otherwise, enjoy and let me know what you think. I can always tweak/improve it if I deem it appropriate.

(btw, don't use iTunes sound enhancer with this track)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ypba5jvp0zr

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Shiva
          MCast Mistress
          • Nov 2007

Wouldn't be better to post this track in the production section MJ?

Comment

• MJDub
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Probably should be in there I suppose, but what about the exposure?

Comment

• Shiva
              MCast Mistress
              • Nov 2007

^ 100%

Comment

• Digger
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Nov 2004

thanks mate!
                https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
                All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• shosh
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

dude tbh i expected either a joke or a shitty track but i was very surprised, i enjoyed it... i thought it was a decent track man...

keep it up

Comment

• BureOne
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

You're just like those members trying to post their mixes in the P&R section...shame on you!

Thanks will check it out!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

Mj, not bad bro. It sounds like you produced it on a ten year old piece of software, as the quality of sound of the track is not all that great, there's not a lot of cleanliness to the track. The melody is great, the idea is great. Kinda reminded me of some good prog that you used to hear. Which is kinda a direction I seem to be going in.

My advice to you, is take those individual pieces and if you really like it the way it is...take them and sent them as stems to a mastering place and they will churn out a sweet sounding mix of it.

Then get your ass a myspace page and put a clip of it on there and start sending it out to all your favorite dj's that are on there. And if they have a regular e-mail addy...send it through that, because a lot of these guys and gals barely check their myspace e-mail. Which I think is kinda stupid, because the next great track could be in their inbox.

Cheers to you bro.
                      Jeff
                      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• MJDub
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                        Mj, not bad bro. It sounds like you produced it on a ten year old piece of software, as the quality of sound of the track is not all that great, there's not a lot of cleanliness to the track. The melody is great, the idea is great. Kinda reminded me of some good prog that you used to hear. Which is kinda a direction I seem to be going in.

My advice to you, is take those individual pieces and if you really like it the way it is...take them and sent them as stems to a mastering place and they will churn out a sweet sounding mix of it.

Then get your ass a myspace page and put a clip of it on there and start sending it out to all your favorite dj's that are on there. And if they have a regular e-mail addy...send it through that, because a lot of these guys and gals barely check their myspace e-mail. Which I think is kinda stupid, because the next great track could be in their inbox.

Cheers to you bro.
                        Jeff
                        Awesome advice there. I'll get around to remastering some of the sounds on here somehow, but I just created a myspace page for myself. Good call on that.

MJDub's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

• BobbyJassi
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Nov 2005

Cool epic house track.
                          I live for the look on your face....

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Sounds great !! Jeffrey said it best Just needs a little housework!! [pun intended]
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                              Not cool enough
                              • Jun 2004

Keep it up bro. I'd say that's pretty damn good for a start. A hell of a lot better than what I was doing in the beginning.
                              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...