X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Octuplets

What are people's take on this whole thing where the single woman who already had 6 children was artificially inseminated with 8 more?

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

OK, first off, I don't believe that the government has any right to tell a woman what she can do with her body, and I'm also not suggesting that a woman needs to have a spouse or significant other in the picture to have children. Not saying that at all.

Here's the thing, though. She was already on food stamps when she was implanted, and now she has 8 more mouths to feed -- let alone the question of how she managed to scrape up the $8-15K necessary for artificial insemination while on food stamps in the first place. It honestly pisses me off. While taxpayer dollars are going to feed the children she's already unable to support financially, she's busy socking away cash to add more mouths that the general public is going to have to support. If you're Angelina Jolie and have the financial resources to add an unlimited stream of kids to your family, by all means, go forward. Bringing that many kids into the world without the means to support them, though, is lunacy.

The other part of it has to do with the well-being of the children themselves. We just had our first child last Friday, and my wife and I are loving our time with her, even though it's been hectic. Multiply that by 8, though, and subtract 1 support person from the equation, and you have a recipe for disaster, I think, particularly when there are already 6 other children aged 7 and below to attend to. If that weren't enough on her plate, one of her existing children has autism. No way does the care for her children not suffer.

Again, not saying she should not be allowed to do this, but it strikes me as enormously selfish and irresponsible.
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Octuplets

im disgusted by her, but hey, free rights fucks over an opinion again. IMO this is criminal, just a shame it aint on the books.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Just plain wrong!! As Toasty said how can anyone look after any one parent look after 14 children.

It's not just a question of having control over her own body. Her decision here has an enormous effect on her other children as well as the new ones. What happens if she dies ???

Btw CONGRATULATIONS !!! Did I miss the pics??
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• MJDub
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
        Just plain wrong!! As Toasty said how can anyone look after any one parent look after 14 children.

It's not just a question of having control over her own body. Her decision here has an enormous effect on her other children as well as the new ones. What happens if she dies ???

Btw CONGRATULATIONS !!! Did I miss the pics??
        Not to mention the burden placed on taxpayers because she's gaming the system. Fuck her (not literally though, enough of that).
        http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

not to mention, she is apparently only talking to people that will pay her big bucks.. i heard she was after a book deal and a movie deal?

this is disgusting, to me its obvious she is using these kids to try to get a nice pay day

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
            IMO this is criminal, just a shame it aint on the books.
            Yeah, probably doesn't rise to the level of reckless endangerment, although I think someone could make that argument.

On a related note, her mom is evidently royally pissed at her for doing this...

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
              Yeah, probably doesn't rise to the level of reckless endangerment, although I think someone could make that argument.

On a related note, her mom is evidently royally pissed at her for doing this...
              of course she is, who do you think the baby sitter will be?
              plus, now she has to buy gifts for 14 kids!

Comment

• Homskillet
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

She doesn't even have a job... obviously doing it for the wrong reason.

L u n a t i c!
                https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• Miroslav
                  WHOA I can change this!1!
                  • Apr 2006

I agree with the comments above... It's her right to have children, but it is also grossly irresponsible of her, given her circumstances. I question her mental stability. She just gave this interview where she said she wasn't selfish because "everything I do revolves around the kids"; that she always dreamed of having a large family; that she's $50K in debt; that she has no income; that she knows she will be able to afford her kids some day because she's going to return to school for a Master's degree.

Well, it's great that she has realized her dream of having a huge family, but now who is going to pay to keep them alive? The hospital bill for her procedures alone is between $700K and $1 MILLION. Who's going to pay for it? It's sure not going to be her...

And honestly: going back to school with 14 kids to take care of?? Master's degree my ass...

So what's going to happen here? We already know. She will sit at home with her kids and wait for her the handout from the State of California and the Federal Government...financed by beleaguered taxpayers like you and me, who already have enough trouble making ends meet in this horrible economy.

Makes me SICK.
                  mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

Kids are a privilege not a right.
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• rainman
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Dec 2005

repost i know.....but sooo fitting

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

^^

OK, now she's set up a web site which, surprise surprise, is accepting donations of money and goods:

I'm pretty much convinced that this gal had these children fully expecting people and companies to step up with lifetime supplies of pampers, clothes, etc. as often happens when someone unexpectedly has a large number of children. She's hired a publicist, FFS (incidentally, the same publicist of fellow baby machine, Angelina Jolie).

So what now? What about those companies that would typically make a big deal about helping out? Do we as a society tell her to pound sand, that no, Pampers and Osh-Kosh are not going to rescue you because you did this to yourself, and damn 14 children to a meager existence because their mom is a selfish, short-sighted idiot? Or begrudgingly buck up for the good of the children? Of course, the government is ultimately going to end up supporting her with our tax dollars, which just pisses me off.

If people want to make donations to help the children, I'd advocate setting up a trust named, "The Nadya Suleman Is A Selfish Moron Trust Fund," and make Nadya's mom, who had the good sense to beg her not to do this, the trustee. She has the kids' best interests at heart, I would think. I'd also like to see a restriction on the use of the trust funds that not $1 can be used to support Nadya herself.

Oh, and look, there's a place to leave a comment. I'm sure that will go well.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                          ^^

OK, now she's set up a web site which, surprise surprise, is accepting donations of money and goods:

I'm pretty much convinced that this gal had these children fully expecting people and companies to step up with lifetime supplies of pampers, clothes, etc. as often happens when someone unexpectedly has a large number of children. She's hired a publicist, FFS (incidentally, the same publicist of fellow baby machine, Angelina Jolie).

So what now? What about those companies that would typically make a big deal about helping out? Do we as a society tell her to pound sand, that no, Pampers and Osh-Kosh are not going to rescue you because you did this to yourself, and damn 14 children to a meager existence because their mom is a selfish, short-sighted idiot? Or begrudgingly buck up for the good of the children? Of course, the government is ultimately going to end up supporting her with our tax dollars, which just pisses me off.

If people want to make donations to help the children, I'd advocate setting up a trust named, "The Nadya Suleman Is A Selfish Moron Trust Fund," and make Nadya's mom, who had the good sense to beg her not to do this, the trustee. She has the kids' best interests at heart, I would think. I'd also like to see a restriction on the use of the trust funds that not $1 can be used to support Nadya herself.

Oh, and look, there's a place to leave a comment. I'm sure that will go well.

Comment: youre a selfish cunt! <<<< done

Comment

• toasty
                            Sir Toastiness
                            • Jun 2004

I normally think the little cutesy nicknames the media give to people in the news are sophomoric and silly, but I just saw an article that referred to her as "Octopussy," and I have to confess, I about spit my soda onto my monitor.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

hahaha, sweet

Comment

Working...