• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Bank Holiday

Originally posted by Mariner1
    No, they did not such thing. Their calendar simply ends. The theory that the world will end on december 21st 2012 is a theory created by a guy who took copious amounts of LSD.
    while I do agree that the ending of the world on that exact date maybe rather remote.... I dont think the calendar simply "ends" on that day. It just ends a 5000-something year cycle.

NOTE: The astronomer Philip Plait has stated very clearly that the Mayan calendar does not end in 2012 at all, that it is like the odometer on your car, as each section of the odometer reaches 9 and then clicks over to 0, the next number to it starts a new cycle, so that when all the numbers again reach 0 all the way across the odometer - the last number will change from 1 to 2 and the new cycle starts all over again.
    The Mayan calendar is not actually a single calendar that westerners are used to referencing today. It is actually a complex system of multiple calendars used in conjunction. Two calendars used in conjunction are the Tzolk’in and the Haab. The Tzolk’in calendar consists of 260 days. The Haab consists of 365 days. The combined use of these calendars creates a cycle of 52 Haabs (52 years) and is referred to as the Calendar Round. Small cycles of 13 days (Trecena) and 20 days (veintena) exist as well.

Another calendar used to track longer periods of time is referred to as the Long Count. This calendar is used to track dates relative to each other on a linear scale and utilizes a numeric decimal system to record dates. For example, the Mayan date for December 21, 2012 is 13.0.0.0.0. The long count cycle referred to as the “Great Cycle” lasts for 5,125.36 years. Correlating that to the Gregorian calendar used by most people in the world today, the starting date of the current long count cycle is August 11, 3,114 B.C.

Another interesting cycle is the precession of the equinoxes lasting approximately 26,000 years. The long count of 5,125 years is 1/5 of that cycle. December 21, 2012 marks the end of the Long Count and Precession Cycle. A fascinating astronomical occurrence will take place that day. The sun will be seen in a conjunction with the crossing point of the galactic equator and the ecliptic which is referred by the Mayans as the Sacred Tree. Since this is due to take place on the winter solstice, this should provide clear evidence that the proper end day of the Mayan calendar is December 21, 2012. Some say December 22,nd, 23rd or even other dates. However, the solstice was an important day to the Mayans and it is logical to think that they would conclude their calendar cycle on this day, coupled with the fact of the rare astronomical occurrence set to take place that day.

Overall, the Mayan calendar system is amazing and complex. It is the most accurate calendar system ever invented by anyone.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Mariner1
      Banned
      • Feb 2009

right. that's what i mean. not like, it stops, but that it rolls over. kinda like a planner when you're go from december 08 to january 09.

i don't believe that the world will end that day.

but! i have to say, i find it peculiar how accurate the mayans were with thier gauging of time and space. quite fascinating tbh.

i do believe that the world will end on valentine's day. (props if you get the reference).

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

How the fuck did we get from me bringing up a bank holiday to the Mayan Calendar?? I'm the crazy one? All I asked is if you agree there will be a bank holiday. I never said the world was going to end.

Comment

• Miroslav
          WHOA I can change this!1!
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman
          How the fuck did we get from me bringing up a bank holiday to the Mayan Calendar?? I'm the crazy one? All I asked is if you agree there will be a bank holiday. I never said the world was going to end.
          Straight answer: It's less than likely, but anything is possible these days. But if and when it happens, it's actually a good thing within the context of the situation.
          mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

I think the "world is going to end" reference is a cumlmination of all you're doomsday like posts and threads, lol. thats all

Comment

• Cj Tari
              MCast Resident DJ
              • Nov 2004

..:: listen :: react ::..
              http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
              http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
              http://soundcloud.com/cj-tari

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

My doomsday posts are just warnings to your countries reality. I'm not trying to be Dr. Doom and Gloom here but the reality of the economy and war signals going up around the world should be telling everyone that a draft and war are coming as well as a run on the banks. The FDIC can't insure everyone. Don't you guys get that? Your country doesn't have any money how can they insure anything??

Citi and AIG must fail in order to move forward.

Comment

• Miroslav
                  WHOA I can change this!1!
                  • Apr 2006

My doomsday posts are just warnings to your countries reality. I'm not trying to be Dr. Doom and Gloom here but the reality of the economy and war signals going up around the world should be telling everyone that a draft and war are coming as well as a run on the banks. The FDIC can't insure everyone. Don't you guys get that? Your country doesn't have any money how can they insure anything??

Dude... WE GET IT. We're in bit trouble. Things are not all puppy dogs and roses right now. THANK YOU for letting us in on the secret (for the thousandth time in a row).

Now what exactly do you suggest we do with your little "warnings"? Run around the streets, flailing our arms and screaming? It's fortunate for you that you're in Canada where you're safe from the global recession.
                  mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Mariner1
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2009

wrong. the government will just print more money. that there is goddamn problem. once you get on that h-train of money printing, you don't get off.

regards,

Zimbabwe.

Comment

• Mariner1
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Miroslav
                      Dude... WE GET IT. We're in bit trouble. Things are not all puppy dogs and roses right now. THANK YOU for letting us in on the secret (for the thousandth time in a row).

Now what exactly do you suggest we do with your little "warnings"? Run around the streets, flailing our arms and screaming? It's fortunate for you that you're in Canada where you're safe from the global recession.

My suggestion is to stop printing all that money for spending.

Seriously.

Do you know that the chinese government is sending wealthy chinese out to the united states to buy up lot after lot after lot in this firesale we're having on property right now?

My suspicion is that the government will use eminent domain as collateral.

just a theory.

but something to chew on.

Comment

Working...