X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnie97
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

White House Adds New Position to Deal with Unfavorable Online Media

Explore creative careers in graphic design, copywriting, social media, marketing, communications, video. Post your creative job today and reach the best talent in media, advertising, and publishing.

The White House has named Jesse Lee to a new position within its communications department titled Director of Progressive Media & Online Response. According to The Huffington Post, Lee will essentially be responsible for building up Obama’s online presence as he prepares for his reelection bid, and squashing any negative stories:
    The post is a new one for this White House. Rapid response has usually been outsourced to the Democratic National Committee (DNC), if not done on an ad-hoc basis by administration officials. And it signals that the White House will be adopting a more aggressive defense of the president and his policies as his re-election campaign gears up.
    If you’re going to post something online about Obama that isn’t true, Lee is going to be the one to handle you. Considering that Lee’s first tweet about his new position included a picture of The Terminator, we suggest you watch what you say OR BE DESTROYED.

Okay that was a little dramatic, but you get the idea.
    These *expletives* are really anxious to morph us into Russia.
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: White House Adds New Position to Deal with Unfavorable Online Media

Someone dedicated to responding to the growing list of online trolls who misunderstand the facts for their own crazy agendas? Good idea.

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by res0nat0r
      Someone dedicated to responding to the growing list of online trolls who misunderstand the facts for their own crazy agendas? Good idea.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• vinnie97
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jul 2007

Thanks for quoting, FL, that is someone who will never again be removed from ignore.

No, you mean someone who will be unleashed to spin anything negative (no matter the veracity of the content) to defend this morally bankrupt administration. AND taxpayers (or China and the rest of the creditors) end up paying for it.

No thanks.

Even the HuffPo contingent realizes what a load this is.

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

^lulZ.com

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by vinnie97
            Thanks for quoting, FL, that is someone who will never again be removed from ignore.

No, you mean someone who will be unleashed to spin anything negative (no matter the veracity of the content) to defend this morally bankrupt administration. AND taxpayers (or China and the rest of the creditors) end up paying for it.

No thanks.

Even the HuffPo contingent realizes what a load this is.
            Everyone is doing it though. PR is PR. If you were pres. vinnine, wouldnt you do the same thing?

Comment

• vinnie97
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

When it's taken from the public trough, no. Even more so when the sovereign debt crisis is more severe than it ever has been. Nor would I send minions to create puppet forum accounts to spread propaganda on my behalf (I'm not accusing anyone here of this for the record...well, maybe a few ;-)).

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

By propaganda you mean PR.

Comment

• vinnie97
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jul 2007

What else is ironic is that one of our fave residents seems to think that everyone but the WH has an agenda. Damn, that's rich.

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

I also doubt Obama has personally heard about any of this....meaning it's just a sign of the times. There are finally enough people with internet access where some policing must occur. Hell I delete comments on my Facebook that I don't think look good. I use my facebook for networking and don't add friends or family, only people I work with.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by vinnie97
                      What else is ironic is that one of our fave residents seems to think that everyone but the WH has an agenda. Damn, that's rich.
                      Of course they have an agenda silly ass. The agenda for this position is to squash idiots on the internet who make shit up.

Comment

• CircleGuy
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2010

and silence the people who disagree with your viewpoints. yup, that's very much aligned with the first amendment

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

Silence? How do you silence the internets?

Comment

• Shpira
                            Angry Boy Child
                            • Oct 2006

This is expected...but I would be against it. Just the fact that someone is actually paying attention is worrying...I mean they executed a guy a month ago...couple that with internet police and paint a target on each one of our backs.
                            The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                            Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...