Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

Atomic Beats | Andy Hunter & Chris Meehan - 15th Feb '05

Date: 15th February 2005
    Time: 12-2pm PST // 3-5pm EST // 8-10pm GMT
    Place: www.eccenticbeats.com

Hour 1: Andy Hunter

Hour 2: Chris Meehan (Vapour records)

Kasey Taylor, a pioneer of the underground movement in Melbourne is regarded by his peers as an excellent producer and is one of the top DJ's in the world right now, has also had releases on many labels around the world as well as his own record label Vapour Recordings.

Chris, a new comer to the scene was known as his apprentice and met Kasey in the late 90's. The two became close friends because Chris was present and learning at all of Kasey's gigs and studio sessions, soaking it all up and taking it all in.

Over the years to come, Kasey & Chris continued to push their sound to the Melbourne dance scene, playing at all the major parties and supporting all the international guests who came down under to play. For the past 5 years, along with running Vapour recordings together, the two also have held down a residency at Qbar on Sundays in Melbourne, which is known as the biggest underground club night in the country. While Kasey has been spending time as a DJ honouring invites from countries world wide to play at their parties regularly, back at home, Chris was filling the void left by Kasey's absence and has cemented his position on the bills of all the major parties being held.

It wasn't until 2002 when the pair decided to share the rent and then they found the time to sit down and seriously attempt to collaborate in the studio. An excellent understanding and a similar goal meant the time was both productive and rewarding. Over the following twelve months, the two would spend up to 40hrs a week working tirelessly together. They take comfort in knowing that after their productions see the light of day, the duo will be regarded as one of the most talented and creative production partnerships going around today.

Their first tune Parallel Reflection was snapped up by Portugal's Feed me records, after Kasey played it while touring there and is set for release late 2004. Their second single South of the Border was released in Feb '04 on Vapour recordings and proved to be a huge success. To date it has been re-pressed twice on demand and is Vapours biggest single for the past two years. The record surfaced in all the big record boxes and charts. Digweed and Seamen played it, Satoshi and Hernan as well, and reviews and charts around the globe indicated that people had already begun to notice this team from the south.

Since 2003, the two have collaborated on a further 15 original works, and when asked about their partnership, both Chris and Kasey believe that their understanding and rapport is only getting stronger. Their productions are improving every time out and that the quality of their releases to come will mean the two are held in the highest of regard amongst the dance elite.

Remix duties for Form and Funktion - Wonderland on EQ recordings out of Australia indicates that this production duo is already becoming in demand and they have also just completed remixes for Greed - Tea in the Sahara?, Bluefish - Been to Long and Sumantri - Imagination, all due for release late 2004. There's no sign of them stopping either with plenty more to come. And with a forthcoming radio show to start late 2004 on Proton radio called VAPOURIZED, this teams hard work and dedication will ensure the names Kasey Taylor and Chris Meehan are a formidable force within the global dance community for some years to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just want to say big thanks to Chris for putting this mix together for us, i know you've been really busy recently so we're really grateful for it.

Make sure you tune in, loads of forthcoming Vapour stuff in attendence today, oh and some knacker called Andy Hunter!

Enjoy
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Awesome! Chris's sets on the Vapourized show are simply brilliant and I'm sure that this one will be no different. Count me there Mr. Adam.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Pataky P
      asdf_imo
      • Jun 2004

Many thanks the Photo,and the news!!
      I like you!

Comment

• dadam02
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2004

Re: Atomic Beats | Andy Hunter & Chris Meehan - 15th Feb

Nice one guys, i have to admit that in the 10 months of doing this show and 20 or so guest mixes we have aired this is probably my favourite one yet, awesome work by Chris.

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

I noticed his name in your upcoming guests box some time ago and have been looking forward to it ever since. You're damn right about him being a busy man though; he and Kasey both. Sure sucks that they won't be at WMC this year, doesn't seem like very man Aussies are making the trek.

Comment

• supaz
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

The Vapourized mix that Kasey did about a month ago is top shelf...really did their production work....

Comment

• phil
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

sick hour one by andy hunter.. techy goodness
              Providing Aural Satisfaction

Comment

• themonk
                Getting Somewhere
                • Oct 2004

is this going to be re-broadcast--it was 5 am over here in tokyo and i really want to hear the chris meehan set.

Comment

• dadam02
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by eccentricbeats
                  sick hour one by andy hunter.. techy goodness
                  Totally agree, Andy is such an awesome dj and so versatile, can switch between tech, prog, breaks and back again with consumate ease.

Cheers to those that tuned in and big thanks again to Chris for the hot mix, last nights tracklists are as follows:

Hour 1: Andy Hunter
                  1. Trentmoller - Prana [Automatique]
                  2. Habersham - Gently Shifting People (Darkarma remix) [CP records]
                  3. Trentmoller - Physical Fraction [Automatique]
                  4. Pig & Dan - Jero Acid [Techmission]
                  5. Skylark presents Buick Project - Chancer [Erase records]
                  6. Pete Heller - Timewarp (Dub version) [Phela records]
                  7. Martin H & Tony Price presents Spin 33 - Believe [Method]
                  8. Infusion - Love & Limitation [Polariod]
                  9. Dilly - Justice [Mixmaster]
                  10. John Dahlback - Rebirth [Jackmoves 2005]

Hour 2: Chris Meehan
                  1. Dousk - Estrange [Vapour]
                  2. 16Bit Lolita's - Gliders [CDR]
                  3. Moonbeam - Raven Gypsy (Chris Micali remix) [Feed Me records]
                  4. Chris Micali - Juice [Vapour]
                  5. Francis Davila & Santiago Nino - Stepping Out [Devotional Music Group]
                  6. Stel & Good Newz - Cave in [Swift]
                  7. Quest - Air [Vapour]
                  8. Ozgur Can & Dave West - External Keys [CDR]

Comment

• skahound
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dadam02
                    Hour 2: Chris Meehan
                    1. Dousk - Estrange [Vapour]
                    4. Chris Micali - Juice [Vapour]
                    7. Quest - Air [Vapour]
                    You guys are in top form Mr. Meehan. Thanks again Darren & Andy for having such a quality guest mix.

Comment

• dadam02
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jul 2004

Andy's mix can now be downloaded from the Eccentic Beats messageboard:

Comment

Working...