Forward thinking house music

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Re: John Digweed - Structures 2 Minimix - 02-06-2011

Vincenzo & Elon - Yarra Valley - Reprise
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• rewing3
          I really don't care
          • Jun 2004

Thanks
          Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• josalo
            Addiction started
            • Apr 2008

This is a last year newspaper! Boooring
            "superdeepsexyhypergroovalicioustrpfunkhousevi bes"

Comment

• salami
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2008

Originally posted by josalo
              This is a last year newspaper! Boooring
              indeed, cd1 is somehow a recycled beat-less version of Structures 1.

The only reason buying Structures 2 is for the live mix! and yet, it's probably a crowd recording.

its too difficult to make money from physical copies nowadays, thats why they bundle 3cds in one album.

Theres too many good releases this season, and i think the only ones that deserve our muchos are:
              Henry Saiz - Balance, Damabiah - Le Sang et La Seve - album, and Kung Fu Panda 2 oops.. sorry
              thats simply an awesome movie!

And Despite all that Structures 2 seems like a pretty good compilation!.
              Last edited by salami; June 4, 2011, 12:24:24 PM.

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

i thought having alot of the artists remix the trax as ambient/downtempo was a brilliant idea and the tracks sound amazing. I was so excited when i heard that diggers was doing a downtempo cd. Hernan and Guy J killed it with there versions.

Plus that minmix isnt really mixed so why dont u hold off till the real cd comes out b4 u make such premature comments such as booring and old news

but i will be pissed if cd2 is another crowd type recording. that is bullsh*t to make fans pay for a live mix cd if the sound quality isnt clean from the soundboard. i already bought structures 2 early but i surely wont buy another one of his releases if thats the case.

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

I won´t hear anything until I have the disk, although some tracks we know.

Comment

• Artem
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jan 2006

Layered sounds 3

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

I'd say a few of you have missed the point ... Diggers asked the producers to turn in more ambient and down-tempo versions of their tracks. He was so ovewhelmed with the quality that he decided to put the CD1 mix together.

To look at the mix from another perspective, we are getting the best of Bedrock's old & new layered back catalogue in one mix - so overall quality increases with the likes of new reprises of Lamur/Reflections and Aurora Borealis/My Name is coming together with Yarra Valley and a special version of Babicz's Pink Trees. This is all programmed, crafted and sequenced by one of the finest DJ's out there !

I spoke to John last week and he's excited about the tracks & final mix - he said it really moves around sweeping up & down. My tale is that it's not going to be a typical ibiza chillout mix, but more of a great piece of music focusing on the melodic and eclectic side of Bedrock electronica. So it will be different from the Structures and Bedrock 11 in it's own way and there's more variety for the listener. CD2 is a club mix for the live set afficianado's and CD3 has the tracks that Diggers is still playing out live for any of you DJ's.

This is pretty much for the price of one of his Renaissance Transitions CD's ... so think of it as Transitions 5 (ambient) with two extra CDs!

So anyway, here's my upload of the minimix for y'all :

Structures 2 Ambient Minimix

Also, if you like the tracks, support the music/label and order the CD itself ... there's a great deal with Guy J's 1000 Words, or Vinyl and T's :

Bedrock Store
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

CD1 Release Notes:

John Digweed delves into the cinematic sound of Bedrock. Having carefully chosen a superb selection of tracks from the Bedrock catalogue and had them remixed and retouched into sublime ambient, after hours and downtempo versions, he’s blended them together to create a sublime, blissed out, electronica mix.

“I’m really happy with the outcome and hope I have created a perfect soundtrack for the long summer days ahead.” – John Digweed

Fittingly, the master of global communication, Tom Middleton, opens the proceedings with his Beatless Mix of one of the understated and atmospheric highlights from Guy J’s current album, Easy As Can Be. He’s injected it with a dose of pure chilled vibes as only he can and it’s the first of 18 amazing blissed out moments on CD1. There can be no denying that Guy J is one of the stand out electronic artists in the world today. A fact showcased further into the mix when his Lamur (AM Mix), with its beatless, soaring heavenly beauty, provides yet another moment to cherish.

As the journey takes shape through the blending of the melancholy violins and intriguing vocals of Stel’s I Burn Like, into the restrained energy of a swirling ambient Mistral courtesy of techno heavyweights Christian Smith and John Selway (the original version was released in the summer 2009 on Bedrock), through to the joyous handclaps of an outstanding hands-in-the-air reprise of former Steve Bug protégé Vincenzo’s current summer anthem Yarra Valley, you cannot fail to notice that John Digweed is thoroughly enjoying himself here.

As with his DJ sets on the world’s best dancefloors, week in week out, his tracks selection, timing, ability to build and develop atmospheres seemingly effortlessly and change pace to weave a dialogue through the music, are impeccable.
As the unmistakeable chords of Quivver’s In Your Boat blend immaculately into Wiretappeur (a production partnership between Florian Kruse, Nils Nurnberg and Stel) and the mix spirals ecstatically upwards through Guy J into the stunning uplifting techno of Aurora Borealis (by one Ireland’s fastest rising stars, Ian O’Donovan) without a kick-drum in sight, the endless creative freedom of this blissed out concept is very much apparent.

The Wiretappeur reprise of Digweed & Muir single Bilder signals a plateau period in the mix, with the arrival of Matt Thomas (aka King Unique) and his “cosmic techno” sound, pressing all the right darker, melodic and scary buttons with his beatless versions of Vamoosh and massive single 2000000 Suns, before diving head-first into the bottomless chasm of King Roc & Dimitri Nakov’s Jardin Nights and emerging on a low-slung, head-nodding groove, courtesy of German creative genius Robert Babicz, with his stunning Pink Trees – On The Couch Journey Mix, which morphs seamlessly into the sublime vocal interlude of Involve by techno-meister Alan Fitzpatrick.

The down-tempo groove theme is further explored (maybe unexpectedly if you haven’t heard his recent Dragon Man album), by Belgian techno don Marco Bailey, with his Downbeat Mix of Beaming, leading into an ambient interlude by the masterful Nick Warren, which provides a superb launch pad for the downright-dirty Suicide Sports Club to bring the journey to a fitting conclusion as Freaky Boy From Outside segues into a final end sequence of blissed out ambience with Bedrock’s Beautiful Strange.
                        sigpicSimonR

Comment

• salami
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2008

lots of good stuff on Structures 2, the price is crazy good, which makes it a must buy !.

Comment

• Homegrove
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

I'm guessing the live-mix sound quality is going to be on par with the Vagabond-recording from the first Structures. Can someone really say that it wasn't good enough?
                            Forward thinking house music

Comment

• chuckc
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Homegrove
                              I'm guessing the live-mix sound quality is going to be on par with the Vagabond-recording from the first Structures. Can someone really say that it wasn't good enough?
                              I will!! If you are going to release a cd album the sound quality should be pristine, and imo the vagabond recording was not top notch. That will be very disappointing to me and like I have said before I will stop buying diggers releases if he does this again.

its bad enough that every time he releases a live set on his radio show (latest example boat partymix) it always has crowd noice in the background and now when you have to pay for a cd he does the same thing.

U dont see sasha doing that. he release live club mixes all the time with no background crowd noise.

Comment

Working...