Man buries himself for luck, guess what happens?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Man buries himself for luck, guess what happens?

A Russian man has died after persuading a friend to bury him alive for a night, hoping it would bring him "good luck".

The victim dug a hole in a garden in the eastern city of Blagoveshchensk and climbed into an improvised coffin, with holes for air pipes, taking a mobile phone and a bottle of water with him.

His friend covered the coffin with earth and then left, after the buried man phoned to say he was fine.

The next morning, he returned to find his friend dead, investigators said.

The 35-year-old victim had believed that burying himself alive for a night would bring him luck the rest of his life.

"According to his friend, the man wanted to test his endurance and insistently asked his friend to help him spend the night buried," said Alexei Lubinsky, a senior aide to the region's chief investigator.

"We know that the victim was a computer programmer and that he has a small child."

The coffin was covered with soil to a depth of about 20cm (eight inches), Mr Lubinsky said.

He speculated that heavy rainfall overnight could have blocked the air supply to the man trapped inside.
    The superstitious victim was probably influenced by reading stories about self-burial on the internet, investigators
    said.

In a bizarre trend, numerous Russian bloggers write of undergoing supervised self-burial. State newspaper Rossiiskaya Gazeta has even run a feature on the practice.

The BBC's Steve Rosenberg, in Moscow, says it is not the first time this has happened in Russia.

Last summer a man in the north-western Vologda region persuaded his friend to bury him in the ground - to help him overcome his fear of death.

He was found dead an hour and a half later, crushed by the weight of the earth.

A superstitious Russian has died after persuading a friend to bury him alive for a night, hoping it would bring him good luck, investigators said.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • nick007
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2007

Re: Man buries himself for luck, guess what happens?

Like Forrest Gump's mom says "stupid is as stupid does"

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• xellsys
      Gold Gabber
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by feather
      The 35-year-old victim had believed that burying himself alive for a night would bring him luck the rest of his life.
      I bet he was lucky for the rest of his life. He didn't have a painful death, otherwise he would have called

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

True that

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

Comment

• Kat
            A pretty fn good milkshake
            • Mar 2006

♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• unkle
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Mar 2007

Stupid.

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

DARWIN... what a moron
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• chanty
                  John, John, where art thou!
                  • Jun 2004

Guess he dug his own grave! Poor chap.
                  Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Garrick
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

^ LMAO... nice.
                    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• DancingQueen
                      AVB FanClub | President
                      • Oct 2005

Wow...
                      sigpic
                      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Hoff
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Kat

+ +++ + +
                        maybe he just wanted to party with

Comment

Working...