• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Questions about Pioneer CDJ's

Hey all,

You all here know much more about this than I....I am thinking of buying myself a present with some CDJ's.

Questions:

I think the CDJ-2000's are overkill for me, plus they are pretty damn expensive. The little brother to these are the 900's right and are still pretty quality eh? Any goods/bads about any of this? My mixer is total shit too, I want a good mixer, how about the DJM-800? Any reason to go with this vs a good Allen and Heath? What do you all think? Note I'm a n00b so I won't be playing much right off any any of the EFX and whatnot, I can't do any of that Zabiela shit, I am not talented enough.

Also:

Whats better/worse about Serato vs Traktor? I've never done any digital DJing in my life so I think this would be fun.

Can I just connect my mixer to my tables and go USB out to my PC and Traktor will see everything and I'm good to go?

Do I have to have some hardware dongle if I use Serato instead? I'm probably looking at Traktor anyway...

I can also control all of Traktor via the CDJ's right? I dont want to use the mouse at all if I can help it.
    I want to select tunes etc all via the CDJ's and stuff....

Thanks all!
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Questions about Pioneer CDJ's

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Re: Questions about Pioneer CDJ's

The DDJ-T1 looks fun

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/44...-T1/index.html

sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...