• Show
Clear All
  • champion1
    Fresh Peossy
    • Mar 2011

KERRI CHANDLER - Heaven (Part 2) ** New Releases **

KERRI CHANDLER – Heaven (Part 2)

Release Date: OUT NOW

The brilliant "Heaven (Part 2)" is a specific selection of major remixes of Kerri Chandler and Christopher McCray’s fantastically uplifting vocal house track, as compiled by Madhouse Records.

Up first is arguably one of the biggest names in soulful house in the UK today – the man behind Restless Soul, Phil Asher. Phil’s remix gives a truly live sounding version as if a funk band were playing underneath McCray’s gospel-esque vocal, with live drums by Phil and the excellent Mark De Clive-Lowe on keys. Also included is an instrumental of the mix, plus a bonus Dub by Phil that gets slightly synthier but keeping that laidback vibe throughout.

Bringing on a different take are Tony Loreto & Jacko, directly alerted to the label by Kerri Chandler himself. The boys turn in a traditional-sounding Club mix that is pure House music – the sort of thing you’d be hearing on the terraces in Ibiza! Their Peak Time Mix strips back the strings of the Club Mix, and utilizes a more synthier driven approach with a hypnotic lead that works alongside the vocal. Both mixes are available in instrumental form too.

Last but not least is the inclusion of the Original Vocal Edit – effectively a radio edit of the original version that focuses purely on the song itself.

Tracklisting:
    1. Heaven (Phil Asher’s Restless Soul Mix)
    2. Heaven (Phil Asher’s Restless Soul Instrumental)
    3. Heaven (Phil Asher’s Restless Soul Dub)
    4. Heaven (Tony Loreto & Jacko Club Mix)
    5. Heaven (Tony Loreto & Jacko Peak Time Mix)
    6. Heaven (Tony Loreto & Jacko Instrumental Club Mix)
    7. Heaven (Tony Loreto & Jacko Instrumental Peak Time Mix)
    8. Heaven (Original Vocal Edit)

To Purchase:
    Traxsource:http://www.traxsource.com/index.php?...itles&cv=91327

Madhouse Records: http://www.madhouserecordsinc.com/20...rce-exclusive/

Here’s what the DJ’s had to say:

Roger Sanchez: ‘Nice!!’
    Sy Sez: ‘Get the fire hoses out !! Phil Ashers mixes are burning the place down !! Both his Vocal + Dub mix got my full support in the clubs and on my weekly show on Colourful...’
    Victor Simonelli: ‘Will play at all the upcoming gigs’
    Q-Burns Abstract Message: ‘The vocal is nice but a bit too much for me ... going for the Restless Soul Dub here. It's nice. Thanks.’
    Booker T: ‘nice mixes, wicked’
    DJ Yass: ‘Great package!! I like all versions... Will try it for sure’
    Adam Rios: ‘Phil always delivers quality production and he most Def does again’
    Supernova: ‘Cool vibes here!! Thanks’
    Andy Norman: ‘Asher's mix is top. Like this.’ – 4/5
    Fish Go Deep: ‘Restless Soul Mix takes the song in a different direction and works well but it's the Dub that really rocks for me. Great groove and killer organ solo.’
    Nick Doe: ‘Tony Loreto & Jacko mix is the one for the clubs, nice mixes from my man Phil as well.. Nice package, full support!’
    Danny Krivit: ‘Excellent!’ – 4/5

DJ Magazine Review: ‘Kerri Kaos on soulful form here, with Christopher McCray showing off his pipes on Phil Asher's Restless Soul mix. If the vocal is laid on a little thick for your taste, there's a sturdy dub.’(Issue 495)

Working...