• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Domi0207 APPRECIATION THREAD

Originally posted by DIDI
    Firstly some of us do post direct links, when and if we find them. But it's not our job to police what they put up. We also put up direct high quality links only to have them copied, reuploaded, and swamp our high quality links . You don't think that might discourage people from putting up good links?? Most of what they put up IS put up by someone else. The stuff that isn't is probably unauthorised rips. Or stuff that nobody wants anyway judging by the number of zero responses. But hey, it's ok to post re encoded crap anywhere you like on this forum as long as no one else has posted it And sharing that crap is good.

Perhaps it may be a good time to look at why people are posting negative comments instead of being negative towards us ?? We are the people that stayed.

It is just morally and ethically wrong !! But as this is a losing argument I, and quite possibly others, would be glad to shutup and compromise on just keeping them to their own subforum.
    sorry adam but i,m with Di on this one
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by tiddles
      hahaha

just ban them

gotta respect their hustle though
      They will just come back under a new user name like Capp Ex, SSL, Lector, jukeboxpr, emusic
      Originally posted by res0nat0r
      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Hoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by chunky
        They will just come back under a new user name like Capp Ex, SSL, Lector, jukeboxpr, emusic

yessss those fuckers are the same Shit, ..so shitys alias without lifes just >>

Comment

• chunky
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by thebanned1
          sorry adam but i,m with Di on this one
          better watch yourself there thebanned1, you could become thebanned2

Comment

• bobjuice
            Banned
            • May 2008

^^^ Firstly some of us do post direct links, when and if we find them. But it's not our job to police what they put up. We also put up direct high quality links only to have them copied, reuploaded, and swamp our high quality links . You don't think that might discourage people from putting up good links?? Most of what they put up IS put up by someone else. The stuff that isn't is probably unauthorised rips. Or stuff that nobody wants anyway judging by the number of zero responses. But hey, it's ok to post re encoded crap anywhere you like on this forum as long as no one else has posted it And sharing that crap is good.
            This ^^

Perhaps it may be a good time to look at why people are posting negative comments instead of being negative towards us ?? We are the people that stayed.
            And most definitely this ^^

There seems to be a feeling that people are "bitching" or being negative about this but i think it'd be more constructive to see it as a bit of feedback from the people who use the site rather than tell them not to be negative when raising valid points about the abuse of the forum that spoils it for so many.

It would be negative imo to pretend there isn't a problem, to pretend that p&r is anything like what it should be, to pretend that most of the community that used to come here haven't gone.

Let's not kid ourselves eh?

Will the last one to leave please (click on an ad then) turn off the light?

Comment

• chunky
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by bobjuice
              Will the last one to leave please (click on an ad then) turn off the light?
              That phrase has been in my mind to recently

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

Originally posted by chunky
                better watch yourself there thebanned1, you could become thebanned2
                chunky to be honest i,m not that bothered, if it happens it happens ( i,m actually trying to keep the feelings of the original forum members scene going *if that makes sense* ), someone has to make a stand on this issue if no one else does then the future is that artists who give out promo mixes just wont do it any more because the truth is that these people are making more money from the music than the actual artists are and what skill base do they have ? absolutely nothing !!!!

in the end up m8 we will all loose out!!!

i know guys that have spent thousands of pounds on equipment and training just to get to a certain level ( not to mention the hours of work put into it ) and the people that upload all their promo/radio sets are making more from uploading these sets than the actual artists are... imo its a fucking disgrace.. you only have to look @ my screen shot from the depositfiles just to see how much these guys are making.

it also has a knock on effect on places like google, here me out here, an artist/dj makes something like a soundcloud page etc yea that fine but when u actually search for that artist by using his/her name then ur bombarded with nothing but links to ripped/illegally recorded sets rather than what u should be and that's the actual artists page.

Comment

• thebanned1
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • May 2009

anyway... i know some of u might find this a little childish but i,ve started to do this over @ our place as much as i can

10o2lpl.jpg

2r2p65h.jpg

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

let me put it too u this way... every post in this pic indented to the left with the exception of one which had a direct link was posts which i edited with a direct link to the set

mvrmv5.jpg

Comment

• D.Williams
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by thebanned1
                      chunky to be honest i,m not that bothered, if it happens it happens ( i,m actually trying to keep the feelings of the original forum members scene going *if that makes sense* ), someone has to make a stand on this issue if no one else does then the future is that artists who give out promo mixes just wont do it any more because the truth is that these people are making more money from the music than the actual artists are and what skill base do they have ? absolutely nothing !!!!

in the end up m8 we will all loose out!!!

i know guys that have spent thousands of pounds on equipment and training just to get to a certain level ( not to mention the hours of work put into it ) and the people that upload all their promo/radio sets are making more from uploading these sets than the actual artists are... imo its a fucking disgrace.. you only have to look @ my screen shot from the depositfiles just to see how much these guys are making.

it also has a knock on effect on places like google, here me out here, an artist/dj makes something like a soundcloud page etc yea that fine but when u actually search for that artist by using his/her name then ur bombarded with nothing but links to ripped/illegally recorded sets rather than what u should be and that's the actual artists page.
                      This post really put things into perspective for me,,,, These people should be stopped.

Comment

• thebanned1
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • May 2009

i,m sorry but i,m not going to spend my time jumping from forum to forum editing/adding links into posts... its up to u guys

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

I've done it a few times . But it is time consuming, and seems to result in retaliatory posts

these people are making more money from the music than the actual artists are

I knew there was something really, really pissing me off!! This is it !!!
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Bloodstream
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Nov 2009

Capp Ex is one of the secret mixing chola alter ego`s

Currently it takes to scale back (http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...ecommendations)
                            these bots should use their own world http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...d-Mass-Uploads

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

There are now 13 obvious mass/moneymaking uploader's threads on the front page.
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
                                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                                • Jul 2004

There are now 13 obvious mass/moneymaking uploader's threads on the front page.
                                x2

Can't we IP ban them?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...