Darkstar -Live- (Hyperdub, Warp) @ Primavera Sound Festival 2011 - Barcelona (28.05.)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bloodstream
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2009

Darkstar -Live- (Hyperdub, Warp) @ Primavera Sound Festival 2011 - Barcelona (28.05.)

Track ID: 2011-05-28 - Darkstar -Live- (Hyperdub, Warp Records) @ Jägermeister Vice Stage, Primavera Sound Festival 2011 - Barcelona - V.I.P. HQ Recordings INT

http://soundcloud.com/undergroundrecordings/2011-05-28-darkstar-live/s-sxvaL

Leaders in what the press have christened as post-dub, James Young and Aiden Whalley have won a place of honour at the label Kode 9 thanks to “North”, record that blows the conventions of this type of music to smithereens and what they propose forgets convincing basses going instead for warm miniscule electronic sounds, fragile atmospheres and melodies that are one step away from pop. Closer to the experimental Radiohead than the boss of their label, Darkstar seem to have found the perfect balance between experimental electronic and pop music. Here we have them with a live set at Primavera Sound Festival 2011, recorded from 01:30h - 02:15h ..... Bombed out in space with a spaced out bomb! .....

HQ Downloads under http://ul.to/u3zd371q

Last edited by Bloodstream; June 11, 2011, 04:31:53 PM.
  • vinnie97
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Re: Darkstar -Live- (Hyperdub, Warp) @ Primavera Sound Festival 2011 - Barcelona (28.

Wow, stripped down. And I hear a Radiohead cover and Moby/Twin Peaks/Angelo Badalementi cover/remix/inspired-tune. Thanks again.

Comment

• Bloodstream
      Platinum Poster
      • Nov 2009

Re: Darkstar -Live- (Hyperdub, Warp) @ Primavera Sound Festival 2011 - Barcelona (28.

no problem

Comment

Working...