X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nateman
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

question abt italy....

im going on an 11 day tour of italy in a couple wks.
    im looking to hit up a club while in rome and would like to do some digging for records.
    can anyone pls recomend some clubs and record shops?
    thanks!
    n
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

the only place in italy i am familiar with is Bari.
    pretty sure its on the east coast.
    seems like a lot of cool sets come out of that city.
    good luck.

Comment

• Mixwell
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Let me know how it goes. I am planning on visiting family this summer, would love to check out some clubs. Enjoy
      dance like no one is watching

Comment

• arielus
        He's back, in Pog form
        • Jun 2004

Re: question abt italy....

Originally posted by nateman
        im going on an 11 day tour of italy in a couple wks.
        im looking to hit up a club while in rome and would like to do some digging for records.
        can anyone pls recomend some clubs and record shops?
        thanks!
        n
        wherever you go.. do not take MP3 files with you :P
        http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
        http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
        http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• nateman
          Fresh Peossy
          • Jun 2004

lol
          yea, i had to cancel my gig as a laptop dj out there!
          n

Comment

• mixu
            Travel Guru Extraordinaire
            • Jun 2004

Re: question abt italy....

Been to Rome a few times and they're a bit short of decent clubs - head to the Testaccio area and you shouldn't go too wrong. Goa's supposed to be good
            Ask me a question...

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Reckon you'll be out of luck.

Rimini has the most clubs (mainly cheesy) although Chris Fortier and Deep Dish appeared there last summer. In essence, Italy's way behind the times (cuse the MC blabbing over Fortier's [ms] set).

At least the Pizza'a are fuckin excellent ! Pizzeria Remo in the Testaccio area is apparently the best.

Pizzaria Remo - Piazza Santa Maria Liberatrice, 44, Phone: 06.57.46.270 Closing day: Sunday
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviewed by: dale from SC

I never visit Rome without an evening at Remo for Baccala and the best pizza there is.

Directions: Take the Red Line Metro to Piramide. Walk up Via Marmorata (past Volpetti's) and take a left into the heart of Testaccio. Ask anyone where Remo is. (They'll know.)

On our first night in Rome, my wife and I always go to Pizzaria Remo. Fortunately the weather was perfect so we ate outside (even though it meant a twenty minute wait). The baccala comes wrapped in paper and is eaten like a popsicle. The pizza is ultra thin crust and is not overwhelmed by the toppings. I invariably order Margherita and am never disappointed. I'm sure we'll go there again next time, too. The pizzas are about eight to ten euro and the wine comes in a carafe. Great fun.

Good luck
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...