• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Should there be a politics forum... Discuss

Originally posted by triggerb
    Isn't dance music about crossing cultures and boundries....

Do we really want to promote poltical discussion on a dance forum?

Isn't there enough politics forums on their own?

Example of the political arguments/skirmishes on the GU board... pretty bad imo..

... Discuss...
    It's precisely because dance music crosses boundries of gender, race, religion and nationality that politics is bound to be raised.

What I really appreciated about [MS] 1 is the fact that not only could we slag off/praise Sasha/Tiesto but we could also read and learn from each other on topics we might not necessarily have had much information on before.

Comment

• lmmadic
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

MS made me smarter
      sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
        Originally posted by _evangelion_
        Originally posted by Balanc3
        ...you should post a recommendation for a sports forum in the recommendations thread.
        I already tried.

Shot down.

Yep, and i was the shooter.
        And? What does that prove? You have more control around here than I do? Cool!!!!

I think I liked -e-'s explanation better.

Comment

• triggerb
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

I didn't say I was against it... I was a discuss topic.

My own view is I agree with it being kept it out of Yakkity Yak and give it its own space.

Comment

• miks
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2004

I think its a great idea. Important to keep it outta General Yakiity yak as some people dont want to get involved, and some may get offended. Enough members of this board wanna discuss political issues anyway judging by some of the last thread on current issues.

Comment

• neoee
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miks
              I think its a great idea. Important to keep it outta General Yakiity yak as some people dont want to get involved, and some may get offended. Enough members of this board wanna discuss political issues anyway judging by some of the last thread on current issues.
              I actually liked it mixed in the the Yikkity Yak thread. I seem to forget this forum is here and it also seems to divide the site. I understand others were getting tired of the political debates (including me) but it did promote interaction. Now it seems like everyone is hiding out in their little corner of the site. I'm also finding the general section to be very shallow since the site was redone, and I believe this section being seperate has alot to do with it.
              "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...