Someone, I don't give a fuck who, has got some explaining to do at beatport...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fumanchu182
    Angantyr The Ruthless
    • Jun 2004

Someone, I don't give a fuck who, has got some explaining to do at beatport...

Old BP site:
    fuckbp1.png

New BP site:
    fuckbp2.jpg

So what the fuck makes it more expensive on the new site than on the old site? I mean if I was buying only single tracks then sure yeah I wouldn't be bitching but if you buy about twenty tracks all at once then shit gets expensive fast. I'm pissed because if this is going to be the gouge that we have to eat for them building a new site, I'll sell my cd decks and go buy an APC-40 and do it via Ableton Live.

This is only an example, I have seen this done with other tracks I have been pricing out and adding to my "wanted" lists. Fuck BP, anyone got any other online music sites they frequent and or I should do business with?

(BTW, I try to buy all my music but shit like this makes me want to go pirate it, you greedy bastards.)
    The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Someone, I don't give a fuck who, has got some explaining to do at beatport...

the users complained about wanting a better site... they got it.

i stopped using beatport almost altogether. they're site is so overly intuitive, it's actually complete crap imo. and impossible to navigate. amazon.com or bust!
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• thebanned1
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • May 2009

Re: Someone, I don't give a fuck who, has got some explaining to do at beatport...

on the new site have u got ur settings to mp3 or wav ?

btw beatport's been in the bad books for quite sometime imo
      How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• diegoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fumanchu182
        (BTW, I try to buy all my music but shit like this makes me want to go pirate it, you greedy bastards.)
        hehe
        It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
        Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
        May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Kinetic
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

The thing with Beatport, as we all know, is that basically EVERYONE is on there. So there´s some stuff which eventually you will only find there. But it´s getting to be less and less the case, so I only go to BP as very, very last resort.

My mainstays are these :

boomkat.com
          zero-inch.com
          halcyonline.com

If these 3 fail, I´ll go to junodownload. And only then, if all else fails, I´ll go to greedy BP.

But better yet, whenever I can, I buy direct from the artists or from some labels online shops if they have them. A techno producer who I really appreciate (Mike Parker) actually started to sell his own digital music himself, through Bandcamp, today. I immediately purchased two of his EP´s.
          "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
          http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• Funky Dredd
            Are you Kidding me??
            • May 2005

I've been using Juno and Traxsource lately.
            Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• Garrick
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

^ thank you. haven't heard of traxsource.... will give it a whirl.
              Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                Are you Kidding me??
                • May 2005

^^ I've noticed that there are quite a few releases on there that aren't anywhere else, and it would seem more and more are doing that there.
                Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

You gonna be ok?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

I thought this thread was about Resonator.. I just read the first part though..

Take a joke Reso.. breathe... You know I love you!!

Comment

• fumanchu182
                      Angantyr The Ruthless
                      • Jun 2004

I found traxsource to be an excellent resource. Created an account and all, at least I know I am not getting gouged right now. Thanks Funky Dredd!
                      The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

Working...