I'm about to get on a plane for the first time tomorrow morning.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fumanchu182
    Angantyr The Ruthless
    • Jun 2004

I'm about to get on a plane for the first time tomorrow morning.

And I am scared. I have a fear of flying and am flying out of Newark, NJ. Please tell me that flying is a safe way to travel. My CEO already fucked with me this morning and came over and said, "Didn't you know, Newark is on High Alert right now?". I almost shit my pants, then with a grin he belted out "Just playing.".

So anyone in Florida wanna get a coffee/drink I'll be in the Naples and South Miami area till Monday.
    The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: I'm about to get on a plane for the first time tomorrow morning.

I would recommend having a vodka + oj or a few beers... don't forget your headphones. I've flown lots and I am no longer worried by turbulence or anything but when I was young it all seemed scary. Just remind yourself of how much everyone flies, all of your favorite sports teams, musicians, anyone famous, they all fly all the time and nothing happens. You have a far better chance of getting into a car wreck.

Lastly, and I hesitate to mention this, but do not be surprised by a little bit of turbulence when landing in Florida. This time of year we get storms and so it's almost guaranteed that your landing will be a little bumpy. It is nothing to worry about though

p.s. I live 3 hours+ from Naples.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• thebanned1
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • May 2009

fumanchu you are more likely to get injured by driving a car but i bet u do that everyday... if ur really that bad ask ur doctor for a valium
      How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

^ yep. the doc will usually prescribe a relaxer for you to fly if you're really nervous. like john said, drink a few drinks before you get on the plane and actually, i'm always comforted when i have a drink on the plane too.

trust me, i've flown all over the US and i've been through some really bad flights, but always ended up on the ground in one piece, safely. the chances of anything catastrophic happening in flight are literally less than the chances of something catastrophic happening on your drive to the airport. you'll be okay. good luck!
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• i!!ustrious
          I got some N64 Games Yo!!
          • Mar 2008

you'll be fine bro. happy thoughts; discard the disasterous ones. make it fun. close your eyes and visualize yourself as your avatar, or something like a spaceship going lightspeed upon taking off and landing. shit like that. i fly all the time and love it.

any good benzodiazaphine will work perfectly.

i remember one time i ate shrooms prior to a flight into seattle... it was one of the garliest experiences i ever had
          (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• runningman
            Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
            • Jun 2004

Ahh I hate flying.. But it definitely gets better the more you fly. You are gonna be scared, full of anxiety, sweaty palms for sure.. Bring kleenex for your sweaty hands.. Don't drink to much water either because you will have to piss a thousand times.

Keys to overcoming fear:

1. Have a couple alcoholic drinks before boarding.
            2. Bring Kleenex for your sweaty hands (maybe even drysol them today so they won't sweat tom)
            3. Bring HEADPHONES!! A Must.. get a nice set that makes you think about the club or anything other than the fact that if the plane fucks up you will fall for 3 mins to your death.
            4. Remind yourself that planes rarely fuck up.. And I mean very very rarely. Remind yourself you're not that special.. You're not 1 in 10,000,000

I myself don't drink on the plane because of anxiety and alcohol triggers it sometimes.. But to each their own. If you feel you need one go for it.

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

I remember back in the day being able to carry on mini bottles of alcohol.. then just order tomato juice or oj or whatever... those days are gone though I think, or are the bottles small enough to where it is legal when going through security check? I haven't tried since all the changes were made...

...but yah, noise canceling headphone preferably, a couple drinks and a good attitude... it'll be fun

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

can't bring alcohol through security i don't think, but most airports have a duty free store where you can buy the big bottles have a party on the plane!
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• fumanchu182
                  Angantyr The Ruthless
                  • Jun 2004

I just downloaded the Twilo Anniversary set, that should get me through a good part of the flight but I'm having a fucking twilight zone of a time finding the regular weekly downloads...
                  The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Garrick
                    can't bring alcohol through security i don't think, but most airports have a duty free store where you can buy the big bottles have a party on the plane!
                    i don't think ur allowed to board with liquids now
                    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

you can board with liquids as long as you get the liquid after the security checkpoints over here. since the duty free shops are after the security check points, you're golden!

Comment

• Garrick
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fumanchu182
                        I'm having a fucking twilight zone of a time finding the regular weekly downloads...
                        speaking of twilight zone, you ever see that movie with john lithgow? where the monster appears on the wing of the airplane and basically tears the plane apart mid-flight? good movie!

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Garrick
                          speaking of twilight zone, you ever see that movie with john lithgow? where the monster appears on the wing of the airplane and basically tears the plane apart mid-flight? good movie!
                          that's just wrong man

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

it's totally safe, look ^ they even float!!

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

oh wow nuh nuh nuh nuh no you di ' nt jenx

Comment

Working...