I'm about to get on a plane for the first time tomorrow morning.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

Re: I'm about to get on a plane for the first time tomorrow morning.

I like flying alone for that one moment of acceleration when the plane goes off. Once you are over the clouds, it's boring on long distances imo. If you believe in statistics, they are all on your side. Flying is a very safe way to travel so maybe don't put too much thought in it and just do it.

Comment

• adeelmir72
      Addiction started
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TomTom
      I like flying alone for that one moment of acceleration when the plane goes off. Once you are over the clouds, it's boring on long distances imo
      absolutely love the take off, and i pay attention to the landing as well, i wait for it to see the pilot's skills, lufthansa has got some smooth landers
      triscuits

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

you know you fly a lot when you can distinguish different airlines landings, lol.
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

I don't pay much attention to the flight at all, I'm too busy playing angry birds, reading a book, listening to music, or usually all three at the same time... The only thing that makes a flight truly go by fast is when you are sitting next to someone you genuinely enjoy being around... OR, you are heading somewhere to see people you genuinely enjoy being around and haven't seen in a while .

However, being that I am also 6'2, leg room drastically changes the level of comfortability for me on any flight.... if the magazine holder in front of my knees is broken and the metal liner is constantly jabbing me in the knees, that's a bust... I try to always get exit isles, or the first row where nothing is in front of me... Another big tip is if you can get a pillow which they rarely have available anymore, get one for your back and one for your chest. For long flights mostly, folding your arms over a pillow is very comfortable and for me easier on my shoulder joints, than those plastic arm rests, which are too low for me to use comfortably without slouching down a lot.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

i hate it when the mother fucker next to you hogs the arm rest!
            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• demonAfro
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Stop flying! Save the environment! Take a boat instead

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                I like flying alone for that one moment of acceleration when the plane goes off. Once you are over the clouds, it's boring on long distances imo. If you believe in statistics, they are all on your side. Flying is a very safe way to travel so maybe don't put too much thought in it and just do it.
                Yes!! That moment when you are zooming along the runway and all of a sudden it is as though you stopped , but are still going forward. My favourite bit !!
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                  I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                  • Mar 2008

didi, you woudl make a fine f-22 raptor pilot!

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Err, I really don't think so !!
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

most dominant, badass plane ever.

Originally posted by i!!ustrious
                      didi, you woudl make a fine f-22 raptor pilot!

Comment

• GregWhelan
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

I'm a nervous flyer. The thing I hate the most is the sheer boredom of it all. I don't enjoy being on the plane so I try to find things to pass the time. But reading and PSP gets a bit boring after a while.

I would be fine if I could watch DVD's the entire flight though. I'm currently working my way through the entire box set of E.R., and would love to be able to just watch 9-10 episodes in a row - would pass the time whilst flying. However I can only seem to find portable DVD players with crappy battery life - what is the maximum you can get?

Flying to Florida from London in August and dreading it already. I am 6' 5" so all you 6 foot 2ers dont know you are born!

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

^Yah 6'5 is mandatory exit row... I watched season 3 of the office on my way to Spain.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• demonAfro
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Don't a lot of longer flights these days have laptop power sockets? Probably low powered but can keep them going for most of the flight. I usually just end up watching films I would never otherwise get round to seeing on the in-flight.

I'd love to figure out how to sleep during flights but just can't ever manage it.

Comment

• clintlove
                              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
                              i hate it when the mother fucker next to you hogs the arm rest!
                              I'm that guy

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• GregWhelan
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

Would be cool if there were laptop power outlets, might check that out. I have a problem with my laptop in that the battery only lasts for about 30 minutes before running out, so it's always plugged in at home. Not gonna take it on a plane in case there are no outlets.

Comment

Working...