X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glucksmann
    Fresh Peossy
    • Feb 2005

Sasha - Kiss FM 12/29/2000

Im tuning in and listening to this set and it brings back a lot of memories. Scorchio is an amazing song and I have not heard it in so long, so is the opening which I dont know the name for. This was one of the very first Kiss FM sets I ever heard. This was towards the beginning of my life in electronic music. Its amazing to see how far sasha has come in his career.

For me I have been listening to this music for 6 years now.

What was the first set that any of you heard that made you become addicted to the music that we all love so much?
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

seeing Sasha & John @ Zen '97 was my eye opening experience. before that, i had only heard some of my older friends talk about them. after that night i found NE 1 & 2 and managed to get both for christmas that year. ever since then i've been blatantly addicted. still to this day i look at the NE compilations and basically rate them as the EDM bible. precious, timeless, absolutely perfect mixes.

Comment

• sammwalk
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Twilo was the second real dance club I had ever been to and forever will be the standard by which all others are judged. It was S+D w/cusick opening, the second time I rolled...I don't think I've ever felt better. I knew I was hooked (on the music, of course).

Comment

• miketpoto
        Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
        • Jan 2005

Re: Sasha - Kiss FM 12/29/2000

Digweed Sydney Disc 1
        Oakenfold NYC disc 2

live...

Junior Vasquez at Twilo in early 98' (and a helping of kitty litter made for a mind blowing reality fuck combo, ask me if you want to be amused)

and then BAM wow FUCK!!!! Sasha and Digweed 2 year resident anniversary at twilo...

no idea what beat matching was, or what they are doing in that booth (the old one on the floor, not the stage) but it's just pure magic, and I learned to dance that night... because I had to... my body started without me.

Coincidentally this was also the first time Stumbling out of a club at noon, and the day I realized why old people wear those big safety goggle sunglasses.

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
          .... Stumbling out of a club at noon...
          goddamn i miss the days of clubbing that hard.
          i never made it to twilo, but we used to get down like that in tampa.
          but back then it was all about how many substances can i gobble, not the music.

Comment

• miketpoto
            Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
            • Jan 2005

it was both... only now it hurts so much... oh the aches

Comment

• chemicalbeavis
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by glucksmann
              Im tuning in and listening to this set and it brings back a lot of memories. Scorchio is an amazing song and I have not heard it in so long, so is the opening which I dont know the name for. This was one of the very first Kiss FM sets I ever heard. This was towards the beginning of my life in electronic music. Its amazing to see how far sasha has come in his career.

What was the first set that any of you heard that made you become addicted to the music that we all love so much?

It started way before then, check out some sets from The Eclipse or Shelleys circa 90-93, proper Sasha magic

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

That is a classic sasha set. I have been listening to electronic music since 96'. Damn that is crazy. I first got hooked on sasha and digweed in 99. When stumped on there Northen Exposure:Expeditions cd at the store. Picked it up and then a couple of weeks later got the other NE cds and I was hooked.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• glucksmann
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by chemicalbeavis
                  Originally posted by glucksmann

It started way before then, check out some sets from The Eclipse or Shelleys circa 90-93, proper Sasha magic

Yeah thats definitely way before my time. You must be in your 30's for sure.

Thats cool though you have been listening to this shit for a long time. I sometimes wonder if I will be doing the same thing. Im thinking I will to some degree

Comment

Working...