X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Hernán Cattáneo Resident Episode 007 Delta FM 90.3 18.06.2011

He does all music well, in this one he has just chosen some music I don't like Do like part 2 , in fact bought two of the tracks last night . OO5 is probably still top of my list
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Second set is getting it done, just jumps right off the deep end.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

trippy vortex style, yipes take cover from the second set.
        Originally posted by Shpira
        So came back last night...
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
        Originally posted by Illuminate
        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• TheVrk
          Gold Gabber
          • May 2006

finally getting to this as i've been on holiday all week....

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta FM 90.3) - Episode 007

Part 1:

01. Sebo K - Mr. Duke [Mobilee Records | MOBILEE 080]
            02. Rowdent - Garage Sale [WoNk | Promo]
            03. Ocean Wave - Clearwater (Chloe Harris Remix) [Vapour Recordings | VR100]
            04. Inkfish - Detroit [Bedrock Records | Bedstructcd2Vin1]
            05. Quivver feat Cari Golden - Happy [Raid Recordings | RAID002]

Part 2:

01. Transistor & Ryan Davis - Nature Is The Law (Hunter & Gatherer EP) [Bondage Music Ltd. | BOND-LT003]
            02. Mike Griego - In That Moment [unsigned]
            03. Mattia Cunico & Martin Morning - Outside Its Better (Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile Remix) [Monique Musique | MMCE005]
            04. Mattia Cunico & Martin Morning - Duuud (Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile Remix) [Monique Musique | MMCE005]

Release Notes :

01. Sebo K - Mr. Duke [Mobilee Records | MOBILEE 080]

It would be very tough to dispute the phrases „good things come to those who wait“ or „less is more“ when talking about the impeccable standard of Sebo K’s productions over the years. Looking back at the very first mobilee ‚Too Hot’, and other hit releases such as ‚Diva’ and ‚Spirits’, as well as a collection of remixes on some of the most respected labels – he is given name in any serious house music collectors’ bag and now we have another wax to add!

‚Mr.Duke’ is nothing short of a Summer anthem....opening with a delicately constructed rhythm pattern that eventually makes way for beautiful synths that build and lift your hands in the air with them. It warms you up just as the sun does, re-appearing from behind a cloud and covering your body in it’s rays. Summer and Sebo K – the perfect combination.

Released by: mobilee records
            Release/catalogue number: mobilee080
            Release date: Jun 6, 2011

02. Rowdent - Garage Sale [WoNk | Promo]

RowDent [WoNk | Bedrock | Soul Glow] is an amalgamation of thoughts between Dennis White and Rowan Hasson that weaves its way through the dark streets and underverse weaving our a sinister dub heavy soundscapes that have graced the backstreets from Twilo to Traum.

The rat is out of the bag, as RowDent scuttle back into town, weaving its way through the dark streets. Garage Sale is part of a mini LP that is still being finalised (Jimmy Van M played another track 'Bigger Bear' on his recent Highland 576m Mix) - expect to hear great things as RowDent grows organically.

With resident advisor and DJ Mag ravin about this unique duo and two podcasts for Ibiza – Voice and DJ Mag there is a lot to look forward too. Also watchout for their groove drenched mix of Soul Mekanik’s A.P.M.V coming soon on WONK.

03. Ocean Wave - Clearwater (Chloe Harris Remix) [Vapour Recordings | VR100]

This is another stellar track from that forthcoming Vapour 100 release Hernán has been caning of late with none other than Seattle's Chloe Harris.

Chloe Harris is a DJ who takes big risks. She can play any style of music and is known for mixing up deep house, tech house, and techno. Music with space and and trippy sounds, but always with a big groove. Her style has garnered the attention of some of the best DJ’s in the world, like Loco Dice, Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha and John Digweed, who invited her to be his warm up DJ on two of his Transition's Tours. She’s known for being able to move a room regardless of what time she plays and will always provide the best underground sounds.

As a producer she’s been making dance music for years with her first release ‘Skooch’ being played by everyone including Sasha who caned both the original and the Oliver Lieb remix for months. Her success has continued with new EPs ‘Know Wave’ and ‘Four Songs’, and remixes of Alex Dolby, Petter, Pole Folder and more. Not sticking to only one style she has explored a deeper sound with her project Raica. The experimental and trippy moods has become her newest outlet for her ambient, and electronic style.

Chloe has been a radio stalwart since the late 1990’s. Her radio show Further has lots of followers and showcases the best that dance music has to offer. The flipside is her other radio show called B-Sides where she mixes downtempo, ambient, indie and all things strange with guests like Ellen Allien, Lusine, and Marco Carola.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Clearwater was originally releaseed 1999 on Vapour Recordings incl. a Highland Remix [VR12004 | VR12004] with a UK Release in 2000 on Breeder's Rhythm Syndicate [RHYSYN004 & RHYSYN005] plus a 2002 remix package 2002 incl. Traveller & Quest Remix (Ivan Gough & Luke Chable) later appeared on Vapour [VR12017] : release notes below:

Ocean Wave also known as Kasey Taylor, label genius of Vapour Recordings, gets two new remixes of this tune that first appeared on Rhythm Syndicate. Clearwater is a beautiful layered song, with more bass than I can think of, and having Traveller vs Quest and Katai on remix duties, it´s sure to be massive.

The Traveller vs Quest remix has a groovy bassline that maintains its darkness, without ever losing sight of the funk. It rolls underneath you and just makes you want to wiggle. The original hooks are in there, just a bit more cut up, and random. The song never looses momentum, and when the tiny roaming synth appears, you´re caught in the airy song. The stabs enter before a washing sound opens and collapses, then you get pulled down. The beat is on it´s own, the sound is very sparse, and the claps settle in. The offset of the drums and bassline is awesome. The airy sound comes in again and follows you to the climax. The drums, bass and sounds all start large, then taper off, leaving you waiting for more.

Katai turns up again, with a nice deeper journey. The bass is still the main focus, with only a few sounds from the original mix. Adding depth to the track is a sound that resembles talking, while an airy synth is used to create a center. The chugging beats, and minimal drums really make the groove and when the break happens it´s short and to the point, with a lots of layers and delays.

Clearwater has gotten a nice facelift for 2002. The quality of the original is backed by some amazing remixes. These can work effectively in anyone´s sets, especially those of us that like big rolling bass, and beautifully minimal soundscapes.

04. Inkfish - Detroit [Bedrock Records | Bedstructcd2Vin1]

Structures 2 Release Notes (CD3) :

“Being head of A&R at Bedrock Records I’m privileged to get sent so much music on
            a weekly basis. With this 3rd disc I wanted to showcase the sound of Bedrock in 2011 with these full-length, DJ-friendly, club versions in an unmixed format.” – John Digweed

2011 is already proving to be a fantastic year for music and a great year for the ever-impressive Bedrock Records. For CD3 of Structures Two John Digweed has selected ten brand new, unreleased, exclusive tracks and remixes that showcase the diverse and ever-developing sound of Bedrock, presented in an unmixed DJ-friendly format.

Opening with King Unique’s metronomic beats and acidic overtones soaring ever upwards, pressing all the right melodic buttons, as Matt Thomas remixes Digweed & Muir’s Bilder (the original of which appeared at the end of 2010), the collection swiftly moves into stripped-back, techno influenced territory with the aptly titled Detroit by Stockholm’s Inkfish, showing that the Bedrock musical palette is always broad and open-minded.

“I hope you enjoy this album as much as I did compiling and mixing it.” – John Digweed

05. Quivver feat Cari Golden - Happy [Raid Recordings | RAID002]

John Graham started his production career in the early 1990s, and has been a household name within the progressive electronic music scene ever since.

He is best known as Quivver, but has invented a host of other monikers, including Space Manoeuvres, Stoneproof, Skanna and Tilt, each representing a different shade of his eclectic production sound, and each giving an idea of his range and sonic excellence.

John has always gained consistent support for his many varied club releases from DJ giants and close friends such as Sasha, Tong, Oakenfold and Digweed, whilst also having his early Skanna efforts lapped up by drum & bass royalty including Fabio, Grooverider and Doc Scott.

He is a multi talented DJ, producer and vocalist and after inking an early deal with A&M in the UK and being heavily championed by Paul Oakenfold, he joined Perfecto for several legendary releases, and has recently collaborated and written electrifying and dynamic songs for the likes of Hybrid from the UK, Planet Funk from Italy and also Darren Emerson's exciting new project 'The Low Highs'.

Now based in Los Angeles, Quivver has teamed up with pop, songstress and respected vocalist Cari Golden, also from Los Angeles, to bring us the pop-edged, radio friendly cut 'Happy'. This upbeat, future classic has large crossover appeal for many territories around the world, whilst also appealing directly to the dance floor. You may also be familiar with Cari Golden's dulcet tones as she has several hot releases on labels such as Mobilee & Get Physical (Berlin) and Ultra Records (NYC)

RAID is proud to present an extremely hot remix package which will be available to buy/download from the 21st June, 2011 via all good digital stores worldwide.

This includes a deep and devastating dubbed out tech-house groove from Quivver himself on the Original Mix, which uses the vocal to great effect, and will please fans of his sound the world over.

We also give you a simply devastating remix from the very in-demand James Talk from the UK, who also takes the vocal and slams you with a delightfully large tech/ progressive groove that will literally raise any roof at peak time and will definitely find a very welcome home in the more discerning CD wallets over the coming months!

Finally Redroche from Montreal (pronounced Red Rock), serve up some quality filtered, twisted-disco, making great use of the song, delivering a storming vocal and dub mix, which both have large & summer written all over them.

This is a RAID / Strictly Rhythm release, 2011

06. Transistor & Ryan Davis - Nature Is The Law (Hunter & Gatherer EP) [Bondage Music Ltd. | BONDLT003]

Massive Tune From Transitor & Ryan Davis. Early Support By Laurent Garnier, Franco Bianco, Misjah, John Selway ...

Ryan Davis [Traum, Bedrock, Manual, Archipel, Kompakt, Parquet, Stereo Seven Plus, Absolutive] Bio

RHYTHM makes me dance, FEELINGS make me fly and fall, TODAY is were i.m living, EVERYDAY influences me, FUTURE will come...MUSIC is my language

In 1983 Ryan Davis first saw the light of the world. At the age of 9 he started with classical guitar training to the age of 18. During these years he has experienced a fascination with anything that created an analog tone. Aged 21 he began spinning records and became a good Dj but quite soon he realized he had to start writing his own music.

The incentive for producing came from the common problem not be able to find the type of music he was seeking. It lacked on that certain something, so Ryan was inspired to express that special in his own music with lot of passion. He greatly enjoyed his professional classical guitar training which was helpful to reveal a sensible understanding for melody and harmony.

He tried to explore and invent new possibilities of novel songs and ideas by spending hours in the studio emerging an own innovative style. Ryan Davis is always looking for the unknown and unique. Right now Ryan is on a journey to the wide spaces of the sound world.

07. Mike Griego - In That Moment [unsigned]

Mike Griego [Hope Recordings | Looq | Somebodys Story Music | Mistique]

Buenos Aires based producer who recently remixed Nick Warren's track named after the Argentinian capital. In That Moment was recently played by Hernán at Moonpark.

I don't have anything to say about me that would describe me better than my music does. I want to make my music mean something to you all.

08. Mattia Cunico & Martin Morning - Outside Its Better (Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile Remix) [Monique Musique | MMCE005]

09. Mattia Cunico & Martin Morning - Duuud (Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile Remix) [Monique Musique | MMCE005]

Monique musique has another fine release and they've brought out the big guns. already defining a fan base of the worlds biggest dj's dubfire, luciano, cox and lawler and with its releases from carlo lio, yousef and santos, monique musique are certainly hot property. here two fine solid club tracks, and both handed over to the superstar hernan cattaneo deliver not one but two phat remixes check these bad boys out...

Released with support coming from > fedde le grand, carl cox, dave seaman, john digweed, wez saunders, behrouz, miss crazy d, sasha le monnier, dilby, michael paterson, leon windsor, cid inc, jemmy varley, orde meikle, kassey voorn, marcelo vasami, kruse & nuernberg, yamil colucci, issac, niccolas van orten, android cartel, chris fortier, wehbba, dj chus, nick warren, kevin shiu& many more! > get your copy now!
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Feb 2009

Thank you kindly Si

Liking part 1 after a couple of listens (maybe more than a couple lol) but part 2 still is my fav..

When you think you finally get the mix, another show is around the corner.. blessings to Hernan and Delta Radio

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• unkle
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Mar 2007

As always, Thanks Simon.

both parts are really good. but my fav. it's the second.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

And about time Simon I thought you had forgotten us.
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
                    And about time Simon I thought you had forgotten us.
                    Nah ... never !

I got sidetracked as some of the music needs more research, and because Hernan keeps on playing unreleased music & breaking new artists.

I ended up chatting online to one of the artists regarding their track, then we got talking football and then time passed into a v busy week at work.
                    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...