X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Falling Skies

Premiered. Looking for something to follow cos all my shows are on break.

Anyone seen it? So far the dialogue is pretty cliched. Feels like Terminator Salvation with aliens, and the same chick!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • demonAfro
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Falling Skies

Going to watch this later. Heard reviews are mixed, but the series will get better. Sometimes I like something nice and vacuous with aliens and stuff.

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

This is just The Walking Dead with aliens instead of zombies. I can't say I thought much of the first episode. If anyone has a script where all the worlds military has been wiped out and all that's left is a band of raggle taggle people who wonder from city to city picking up supplies and searching for missing family members avoiding monsters, get over to LA quick because there is a big pay check waiting.
      Originally posted by res0nat0r
      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

its pretty cheesy

its quite similar concept to the tom cruise war of the worlds film

i was really hopeful it was gonna be good - but its a let down
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• JonQPublik
          Gold Gabber
          • Apr 2006

I've watched it, and though it may not be terribly groundbreaking, it's entertaining.

What I find truly shocking is that it's supposed to be the Boston area, and NO ONE has a townie accent.
          http://soundcloud.com/jonqpublik/sets/love-and-other-stories

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Yeah it's still pretty ... cliched ... Walking Dead + V is spot on.

But I'm intrigued by what the aliens are doing to the children, will probably keep watching to find out, and then feel like a sucker later.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

got this on my to do list

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• demonAfro
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Seriously, how did these people manage to survive an alien invasion? Maybe the aliens have replaced the atmosphere with stupid decision gas?

Comment

• JonQPublik
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by demonAfro
                  Seriously, how did these people manage to survive an alien invasion? Maybe the aliens have replaced the atmosphere with stupid decision gas?
                  Blame the writers... I think one of them is a former Miss Teen USA contestant. There is absolutely no geographic authenticity to any of their mentioned locations. Last night's episode claimed that Wilmington was part of southeastern MA. That's only about a 75 mile lie
                  http://soundcloud.com/jonqpublik/sets/love-and-other-stories

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

I'm not following this anymore.

Comment

Working...