X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

[ms] Promos & Recommendations Change - New Subforum

I wanted to let everybody know about a recent change that was made due to the recommendation of the P&R population. I just created a new P&R sub-forum, Podcasts and Mass Uploads, which will be used to hold all of our automatic incoming Podcasts and threads from mass uploaders. The intent is to enable all members to benefit from these music sources that feed [ms], while allowing all active P&R member discussions to remain on the first page without being bumped away.

I realize that some of you are already aware of this change, but this thread was made with the intentions to inform all members who subscribe to [ms] via RSS without combing the forums daily. Those of you who were subscribed to P&R via RSS will need to subscribe to the subforum's RSS URL as well to continue receiving notifications for everything coming into [ms]. The URL is provided below for your convenience.

Adam
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: [ms] Promos & Recommendations Change - New Subforum

Can you keep them out of other subforums ??
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• picklemonkey
      • Jun 2004

I'm sorry Didi, but the subforums are there to categorize the threads for a given artist. If they post a set that is a duplicate of another, the threads will be merged.

Originally posted by picklemonkey
      I expect that if we have any duplicates across the two forums, we will still merge threads and possibly have some sets created by chola, domi, r_co, or the podcast bot that exist in the main form. Please do not complain if this happens--the intent of this is not to isolate them to their own forum or to punish them if they have a post in the wrong forum. Instead, it is to keep those sets which the masses are discussing in the main forum, and let the remaining mass-posted sets stay in the sub-forum.

Comment

• Hoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Aug 2009

in this case should not be in that way picklemonkey

not in this radioshow issue, ... Hernan has always provided the best quality to mserver, always

and now is giving us an incredible platform with the best possible quality again !!
        just seconds after every new Resident, which is magical !!

so we don´t need nothing from that shituser there, is a total disrespect to Hernán,
        and to us!, that Saturday after Saturday we create those threads with incredible energy
        ; )

that post should be deleted,
        and should not happen anything more with that element on hernan's magic sub_forum

thanks,

gus

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
          I'm sorry Didi, but the subforums are there to categorize the threads for a given artist. If they post a set that is a duplicate of another, the threads will be merged.
          Why ?? If it is a bad idea ?? Perhaps a little bit of thought should go into this. It was a great idea to move those parasites into a separate forum, but moving them back into the subforums rather defeats the whole purpose. Not to mention what I said in Hernan's thread .

Just in case you didn't see it.
          To whoever merged threads.

These threads on Hernan are some of the only ones left on this forum that are what this place used to be all about. Friendly, respectful of each others taste, and all loving to talk about the music. To merge that parasite into this thread is a slap in the face for all of us including Hernan . This is Hernan's gift to all of us. To have some one like this trying to make money of it in this same thread is just insulting to that gift !!

And to merge it in a way that it looks as though I accept it is particularly insulting to me. My post, now after the parasite's, was directed at Simon's good work. Not the parasite. !!

Merging may be a good idea for the main P& R , but it really doesn't work well for the subforums on individual artists .
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• picklemonkey
            • Jun 2004

They aren't parasites, and the intent was not to segregate them away from discussions.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

They don't participate in any discussions !! Although they would perfectly welcome to of course. World of difference between discussion and what they do .They only upload mixes, that are freely available directly, to sites which pay them ?? Sounds a tad parasitic to me.

From Dictionary .com

a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return,as one who lives on the hospitality of others.

a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.

Pretty damn close.

They have their place, let us have our friendly ,interesting little place.

I haven't just complained about this, I have come up with a very simple solution that would keep everyone happy, just don't merge to the artist subforums. In Hernan's case it is completely superfluous as we can not possibly get anything better than he is gifting us already.

Btw that is a great example of the quote function not working properly

And I actually had to change the text colour to do a copy and paste

Comment

• jamesholden
                Banned
                • Jun 2011

fuck to all that mixing.dj crap. Ban those trolls forever Ok enjoy that reencodings. MS users are daffy

Comment

• tiddles
                  Encryption, Jr.
                  • Jun 2004

We might need a subforum for all these shitty sasha remixes.

Comment

Working...