Sasha - Mind Over Machine : Maida Vale 2005 EM (without Radio 1 voiceovers)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klangfabrik
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2009

Re: [REQUEST] - VA - Mind Over Machine mixed by Sasha [XCD1]

Originally posted by Zen Master
    I can't decide if this is a joke or you're just an ignorant moron...
    cmon guys 2006-08 were his worst years imo of course

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chunky
      If you are going to join it, its easier to stick the CD into iTunes, select the join all tracks in the advanced settings and rip it as one
      Lol ... which I didn't do .. doh !
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by klangfabrik
        cmon guys 2006-08 were his worst years imo of course
        The 2005 EM is a great mix and Avalon was a really unique idea .. plus I like most of Fundacion.

I agree that Sasha drifted in 2005 after the EM (not the best year for music).
        In 2006 he didn't seem to sustain things in his sets, although Robert Babicz's My Blue Car and Booka Shade's Night Fall from Avalon both sounded great at Pacha that summer. From memory Zu Club House was 'meh' by his standards, but I've never re-visited it with a fresh pair of ears.
        In 2007 he started to pick up (Bonnaroo ?).
        By 2008 he was playing better music and brought out Invol2ver (culminating in Skyclub Malta).
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• klangfabrik
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2009

to be honest his triple j mixup from 09 was the first sasha mix i really enjoyed since his involved orlando sets in 2005.
          sky club never did anything for me as well as involver 2

havent listened to the whole set but womb 2011 seems pretty good as well

Comment

• chunky
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jan 2006

I was never a fan of Fundacion, the intro is horrible then it gets really good for the first half then dis-sends into something more horrible than the intro
            Originally posted by res0nat0r
            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by klangfabrik
              to be honest his triple j mixup from 09 was the first sasha mix i really enjoyed since his involved orlando sets in 2005.
              sky club never did anything for me as well as involver 2

havent listened to the whole set but womb 2011 seems pretty good as well
              I think he did a fabric mix in 2 parts that were pretty good. Thought the Womb set, Pt 1 > Pt 2.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Sorry, but i'd say that Orlando 2005 mix is one of his weakest sets.

fabric 2010 was the best he's played in years, and yeh, its out in 2 x parts ... just a pity he didn't put the full set out, he hit the full ushuaia vibe late am.
                sigpicSimonR

Comment

• Hoff
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by simonr
                  Originally posted by chunky
                  If you are going to join it, its easier to stick the CD into iTunes, select the join all tracks in the advanced settings and rip it as one

Lol ... which I didn't do .. doh !

thanks for the links !!!!! : ) , ........... chunky I can do that with simon files I'm downloading and will be a one file perfectly joined ?, or it's an issue that simon must do with his original cd ??

on the other hand and sorry the question, this is the maida vale essential mix but without voiceovers or what is the difference ?

for me Avalon sounds extremely far !!!!! appart from the " was a really unique idea "
                  is flawlessly
                  Sasha ..

and from 2006 I remember some gems like
                  SonneMondSterne .. short but powerful and Magic !!!

Comment

• coleby761
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by simonr
                    Sorry, but i'd say that Orlando 2005 mix is one of his weakest sets.

fabric 2010 was the best he's played in yeears
                    This 100%. That Orlando mix is god awful. Think Maida Vale's a real work of art, took me a while and many listens to fully appreciate it. And for me I really enjoyed what he did in 2007. Thought the em from cream, Studio and space of sound were all great sets.

Comment

• unkle
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Hoff

sorry the question, this is the maida vale essential mix but without voiceovers ?

Yes.

Comment

• salami
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2008

Studio Budapest 2007 ! who could complain abouthis awesome set.

Comment

• thebanned1
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • May 2009

i,ve waited since 2005 for this to happen as its easily one of the best mixes i,ve ever heard and without tongs voice over it BONUS

just a pity that its obviously a bootleg as certain songs have the same distantly live sounding recording such as the essential mix has

i would pull out my back teeth for sasha to release this mix in a double cd based on the actual ableton live wave rather than the recording that radio 1 took

p.s. cant thank simon enough for uploading this ... brought a huge smile to my face when i saw the facebook post
                          How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• salami
                            Platinum Poster
                            • May 2008

I think this is the actual live wave, not the bootleg, cause if you notice the intro doesn't includes the "Connecting To Radio 1 Frequency".

if an essential mix airs on Radio 1, it doesn't mean that they have the actual rights to release it.
                            in some point, this release has nothing to do with Radio 1.
                            cheers !.

Comment

• chunky
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by salami
                              I think this is the actual live wave, not the bootleg, cause if you notice the intro doesn't includes the "Connecting To Radio 1 Frequency"
                              if you know what i mean !.
                              Yeah and Sasha's Fabric 25 disc extravaganza should be out for release very soon
                              Originally posted by res0nat0r
                              OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• simonr
                                Transitionator
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
                                i,ve waited since 2005 for this to happen as its easily one of the best mixes i,ve ever heard and without tongs voice over it BONUS

just a pity that its obviously a bootleg as certain songs have the same distantly live sounding recording such as the essential mix has

i would pull out my back teeth for sasha to release this mix in a double cd based on the actual ableton live wave rather than the recording that radio 1 took

p.s. cant thank simon enough for uploading this ... brought a huge smile to my face when i saw the facebook post
                                No prob Dom ... glad you're enjoying it matey
                                sigpicSimonR

Comment

Working...