X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miketpoto
    Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
    • Jan 2005

Sander Kleinenberg @ Crobar 2-18 - Pics

So of course... as per usual... A great fuckin set by the dutch boy. Got REALLY HARD for the last hour and a half, and the crowd was perfect... sizewise, energy, and dance moves.... I have never seen any posts about Sander since joining the board, which is odd... he's just great... blessed at what he does... I have a bunch of vids, neeed to get those str8tened out, here is a link 2 sum photos...

• skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Thanks Mike, nice to hear there were a couple of simultaneous good times across the US.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Pataky P
      asdf_imo
      • Jun 2004

Thanks the link!!I love his music!!
      He is a very good DJ!!

Comment

• miketpoto
        • Jan 2005

He's so happy and smily while he spins... and I dont think I have ever seen a more positive vibe across the crowd ever before in NYC. It is his EVERYBODY party, and it was literally 20% gay and like 25% minority or so.. guessing here on stats...

I danced my ass off till close at 7am, and there was mass hugging and high-fives across the floor... Still grinning and sore from not leaving the floor from 1am to 7am save for 1pp run.... I leave for 2 minutes, I return to the floor to find he's starting a 45 minute tersor-esque minimal hard kick beating of us on the floor.

He threw in the killers - Mr Brightside (thin white duke mix) around the end, and did a 25 minute encore, then a 1 track 2nd encore, and was ready to keep going it seemed, but the staff turned up the lights and wanted to close up, I think they have to legally end by 7 without an afterhours permit or something. NYC laws are FUCKED and NAZI-like... I try to ignore them as much as possible,

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
          NYC laws are FUCKED and NAZI-like... I try to ignore them as much as possible,
          Wow, it's a good thing you don't live in this bass-ackwards town.
          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• lucasvickers
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

glad sander put down a good set. he's been hit or miss as of late imo.
            War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
            - Ambrose Bierce

Comment

• remoh
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

hey good stuff my..definatly good to hear that sander rocked..im going to go see twice at wmc... are you going mike?
              [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
              |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• miketpoto
                • Jan 2005

I am poor at the moment, well, too poor for WMC... but Sander and sasha are every other week here in NYC, so I needn't worry.

Comment

• remoh
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

lucky bastard

Comment

• sonya_d2
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Feb 2005

Sander K is a really good DJ...and i hate everyone who has got the chance to see him live

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sonya_d2
                      Sander K is a really good DJ...and i hate everyone who has got the chance to see him live
                      you'd really hate me, I saw him on Saturday at Space, and a few months ago in Orlando.

What a night that was on the 19th. well, morning actually on the 20th.
                      he came on at 3:45am-10am. Played as progressive as I have ever heard him. went into some harder stuff every now and again, which was nice as it gave my legs a break from dancing and jumping about like a looney twit.
                      Dropped this new "Cruel Summer" remake.. prog-tribal sounding.. maybe Creamer n K?.. who knows, but it was bloody hot!
                      Still trying to find out the name of the track he has been playing with the Dave Gahan vocals
                      All in all a great night, save for the dj that was on right before SK, he was the worst dj I have ever heard, and to think he has a gig at such a great club, makes me sick, but give a lot of us up and comers hope!

another good thing about this is, that is one less dj i have to try to fit in for WMC...

Comment

• miketpoto
                        • Jan 2005

ok, heres some video... its poopoo mostly, but u get an idea of something or other, I am tired... but its worth it!

Comment

• remoh
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

did sander use the dvj's ?

Comment

• miketpoto
                            • Jan 2005

a bit now and then.... there were 2 powerbooks on stage by the light guy as well.

Comment

• peeps
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
                              He threw in the killers - Mr Brightside (thin white duke mix) around the end, and did a 25 minute encore, then a 1 track 2nd encore, and was ready to keep going it seemed, but the staff turned up the lights and wanted to close up, I think they have to legally end by 7 without an afterhours permit or something. NYC laws are FUCKED and NAZI-like... I try to ignore them as much as possible,
                              if memory serves correct, in order for the club to get the approval of the community board to open the doors in the first place, the club had to agree to shutdown by that time.

i could be wrong, but i don't recall the place staying open any later than that.

Comment

Working...