X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnie97
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

I'm Black, I'm Above The Law

Now it's okay to break campaign financing laws by using the White House to host CommieCrat fundraising events:

Former New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine, former technology executive Bernard Schwartz and banking executive James Staley were among 30 well-connected figures in the business and finance world who met with President Barack Obama at the White House in March for an unusual economic discussion organized by the Democratic National Committee.

The
    White House released the names on Friday under a policy Obama instituted in 2009 to disclose nearly all White House guests approximately three months after they visit.

The March 7 meeting in the Blue Room of the residence has
    drawn attention and criticism because most of the attendees were donors or fundraisers and the session was arranged by the DNC. Good-government advocates said hosting the event at the White House was ill-advised.

“There’s a pretty clear line — or there should be a clear line,” Meredith McGehee of the Campaign Legal Center, which presses for tighter controls on campaign finance, recently told POLITICO. “I don’t have a problem with the president inviting Wall Street people to the White House to discuss policy, but why does it need to be DNC-sponsored? I think that’s what raises the eyebrows. Even if it’s not a fundraiser, it’s a cultivation.”

• vinnie97
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Re: I'm Black, I'm Above The Law

Another Friday night news release...transparent as hell, this media.

Comment

• vinnie97
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

A little more help for those who can't visualize the corruption of this administration in their undying adulation:

If the meeting was not a fundraiser, why then was it also attended by the current financial head of the DNC, Andy Tobias, DNC fundraiser Brad Thompson, as well as Obama’s former White House political director Patrick Gaspard? Certainly the inclusion of those individuals at such a meeting is indicative not of a discussion on economic policy but rather a clear indicator of fundraising efforts by the Obama administration. Recent related reports have indicated the Obama campaign team is already indicating concern over present fundraising levels as enthusiasm for Obama’s re-election appears to have waned considerably in recent months.

Furthering the secretive nature of the March 7th meeting is the fact it was not on President Obama’s schedule for that day. Unscheduled meetings on the economy – or illegal fundraising activities – which sounds more plausible? Indeed…
      Possible violations of the Hatch Act....again, who has the balls to prosecute? It's gotta' be someone who is not afraid of the meaningless "racism" label.

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

christ shut up...and i mean this in the nicest possible way. no one cares.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Biggest oxymoron thread title in the history of MS

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

How about being upset about something of actual importance like this:

Instead of your standard nonsense.

Comment

• dig72
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2004

^ Bomb the hunger out of them.

Problem solved.
              “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
              Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

Yeah....since the US isn't involved with any of that over there, all is well. Only become upset when the US becomes involved, until then stay ignorant. Excellent way to be so you can concentrate your rhetoric.

Comment

• dig72
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Nov 2004

It's the only way to save them.

Ask Obama, he'll tell ya.
                  “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
                  Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• vinnie97
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    Biggest oxymoron thread title in the history of MS
                    Oxymorons are better than utter denial:

26% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction

Just like that Humanitarian bombing campaign in Libya, the Elites/Ruling Class always knows better. It's increasingly obvious with whom you've aligned yourself (despite the recent admission of liking Ron Paul).

Comment

Working...