X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gokada
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Trojan Horses?

A friend of mine is a bit leary about downloading the Kiss 100 sets...he says that since they're executable files, there is more of a risk of downloading viruses and trojan horses...he discovered 2 trojans on his drive a while back...this was right after he wiped his hard drive....he believes that he got those from the Kiss sets since that was the first thing he downloaded after re-installing his OS....any merit to this?
    Glenn Okada (www.glennokada.com)
    "...without struggle, there is no progress."
  • MJ
    Here since 2002
    • Jun 2004

mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

ask him where he downloaded them ? if its on MS, it couldn't have been more bull shit..... 3 years of setting up downloads and now someone's gonna say they downloaded a trojan exe ?? if I was a hacker and I had half a brain, the LAST thing I would name my trojan was an exe.... you can tell your friend that

-e-
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• gokada
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Encryption
        ask him where he downloaded them ? if its on MS, it couldn't have been more bull shit..... 3 years of setting up downloads and now someone's gonna say they downloaded a trojan exe ?? if I was a hacker and I had half a brain, the LAST thing I would name my trojan was an exe.... you can tell your friend that

-e-
        I hear ya....I've never had any problems with my computer and I dl a lot of the Kiss sets...but he's thinking that maybe a trojan was hid in the exe file...I can kind of understand his concern..I mean, if I was hacker, why not hide a virus or horse on a file that you know a lot of people dl? I don't ever remember anyone else ever complaining about this issue on MS so I'm betting he got it from somewhere else...

Comment

• TomTom
          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
          • May 2002

As I put up most downloads and rename the mp3 files to .exe let me assure you that I don't even have the slightest clue how to implement a Trojan Horse inside the files.

Wherever your Buddy caught a Trojan Horse, it came not from this site.

Comment

• beto
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

You can click as much as you want on the .exe downloads and you'll only ger an error message. It's just an mp3 renamed to have an .exe extension, it's not an executable file so there's no chance to get infected.

(get an antivirus and a spyware removal tool anyways, Avast and Spybot S&D are two good choices)

Comment

• gokada
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by beto
              You can click as much as you want on the .exe downloads and you'll only ger an error message. It's just an mp3 renamed to have an .exe extension, it's not an executable file so there's no chance to get infected.

(get an antivirus and a spyware removal tool anyways, Avast and Spybot S&D are two good choices)
              that's what I wanted to hear...I'll tell him....thanks

Comment

• influx
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

do the sets have to be renamed to .exe files? i'm sure there's got to be a way to modify the script your using to send the files as .mp3. i remember a post a while back, saying that it had to do something with ie, but i've downloaded mp3's off the web before, shit, i host and send mp3's from my own website.... i dunno, it's just a thought, and would save everyoen that extra step. btw, i'm not complaining, thanks for all your hardwork, and i appreciate the fact that you guys hook-up fresh ass beats every week!!
                i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
                www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• TomTom
                  Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                  • May 2002

It has nothing to do with the IE or our scripts. It's just a security issue and we want to hide the mp3 files..that?s all.

Comment

Working...