X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WRM APLE PI
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

Lucien Foort

im sitting here listening to his 2001 kiss set and im curious to know what hes been up to? i havent heard anything about this guy in a LONG time.

peas.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

haven't heard squat from him.... been a while for sure

-e-
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Pataky P
      asdf_imo
      • Jun 2004

What is this??

Comment

• GregWhelan
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

He does appear to have dropped off the DJ map.He released that Slice Cd a while ago,but it didnt look like my cup of tea.He seemed to have the progressive world at his feet back in the days of GU12,13,14 etc but its all dried up.

Oh, and I think he has the best producer name ever - i mean all of his tracks have that FUNK element to them dont you think?

Comment

• Yao
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Seen him live once, he's a damn good dj..but haven't heard of him in a while either.

Pretty funny: didn't expect a 'homie' to come walking into the place with a flightcase...
          Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• WRM APLE PI
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
            He does appear to have dropped off the DJ map.He released that Slice Cd a while ago,but it didnt look like my cup of tea.He seemed to have the progressive world at his feet back in the days of GU12,13,14 etc but its all dried up.

Oh, and I think he has the best producer name ever - i mean all of his tracks have that FUNK element to them dont you think?

for real, the man killed it. i had some TREMENDOUS sets from him. i havent even seen a set of his on soulseek in a while either.

peas.[/quote]

Comment

• WRM APLE PI
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Pataky P?l
              What is this??

whats your deal?

peas.

Comment

• Jbones
                Getting Somewhere
                • Feb 2005

Witness the career of Hollander Lucien Foort, ex-rapper turned top trance producer - not your everyday dance floor story. After making a name through his Funk Function alias, acclaimed tracks and remixes landing on albums from scene stalwarts John Digweed and Sasha, Foort got the call to put out compilations of his own. The results, import-only Singularity 1 and 2, proved quality excursions into deeper, more melodic trance, the exceptional second volume frittering between music sub-genres to earn Must Have status.

Slice via Black Hole Recordings is a clubbier, one-disc affair. It clatters along at a good clip with the occasional highlight; wounded dove Kellis swoons on "Help Me," melding into a complementary dub from Mickey Blue Eyes "Keep Me Straight." Neruda's "Alliance" bottles the foreboding mystery of David Lynch's Mulholland Drive by referencing Silencio throughout.

But most of the tunes here are either bop along forgettable fodder, or one line lyric repeated-infinitum tracks that show their cards quickly and lose appeal, such as "Deep Soul Music," We Like the Music," and "Old Skool House Musik." Fine for a dark, thrashing dance floor, pointless on the ol' stereo. As for Silk's revisit of Dead or Alive "U Spin Me," there's always the stop button.

Lucien Foort's Slice: more was expected. :?

Comment

• Jbones
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Feb 2005

Here's some recent news on him.

What does 2005 hold for you? Any major plans you can let us in on?

I need to produce more records you know, the traveling has taken it out of me a bit in the last year. Also I've been focused so much on doing my radio show here on National Radio here in Holland so it's one or the other, so I'll be branding the slice brand a little bit bigger, and making more records seeing as though it's going so well at the moment so I guess I'll stick with that. Oh, and play more I suppose… I'm always playing so yeah, more of what I'm doing now with a bit more structure and more recognisable to a new market like South Africa or South America and the rest of Eastern Europe like Russia and Poland.

Comment

• frisky
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

Hes simply awesome. been a fan of his for a LONG time... got his latest slamFM mix. its pretty good...

f.
                    frisky Radio - feelin' frisky?
                    Now with 70% Less Fat :: http://www.friskyradio.com/frisky_low.m3u

Comment

• rewing3
                      I really don't care
                      • Jun 2004

^
                      "" Well that explains so of were Lucient has been. I guess his gigs are not advertiesed. I have not seen him on flyer in the states or anywhere else in a long time. So he must be playing somewhere.
                      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

Working...