X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miketpoto
    Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
    • Jan 2005

Happy February 22nd > > thread hijack post your city v

Today was interesting and then some, but at any rate, I had my handheld digital camera in my coat pocket, and whipped it out whilst taking a cab ride home, through the square of times, and onwards.... and heres a compressed 3 minute or so taste of NYC today. I found that the quality and lighting remind me of the 70's footage I have seen, creepy or not. Enjoy or Jenhoy !

• Hos
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

nice one. this is a neat idea. i'll try and get a london one this week.

dammit we should do this for as many cities as we can.
    black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• peloquin
      Till I Come!
      • Jun 2004

this is a good idea, ill try and get some vid of portland sometime, not that anyone gives a toss about portland

Comment

• miketpoto
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by peloquin
        this is a good idea, ill try and get some vid of portland sometime, not that anyone gives a toss about portland
        Actually, my mother just forwarded me this web article about my grandmothers uncle who was one of the first recorded fatalities (missing) climbing Mt Rainier... thats near you sort of.... and its fucking beautiful in the pacific northwest, I give a toss about about it.

I've been using toss a lot ever since I got 2 seasons of the britcom SPACED on me tivo. I love it like crack.

Comment

• Hos
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

hey serious, we get enough 3 minute clips, i'll splice them together and use them at the club night i'm involved in here in London. they would make excellent visuals.
          black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• miketpoto
            • Jan 2005

i am about to upload an added minute and a half too... I am sure I could get something together in NYC similar... I dont work for any parties but do have a bunch of friends in high places.... also friends who work in promotions and graphic design, etc. network across the pond, I LOVE LONDON!

I have to go back and visit my cow couch in the loo at Fabric

Comment

• miketpoto
              • Jan 2005

Re: Happy February 22nd

a wee bit more

Comment

• mmglobal
                Gold Gabber
                • Sep 2004

My daily walk on 49th tuning out the tourists, walking-4-across, with my tunes. AHHH, don't you just LOVE New York?! Virgin Times Square...one of my many homes away from home.

I'd love to see what some other ms'ers cities look like also. Great idea.
                Peace.

Comment

• miketpoto
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Hos
                  hey serious, we get enough 3 minute clips, i'll splice them together and use them at the club night i'm involved in here in London. they would make excellent visuals.
                  So I think this is a totally fun, great way for the board to really share with eachotther, as well as to integrate it into music at clubs in some of the cities... maybe all of them... Oh to figure out the way to phrase and talk about this to notm ake it cheesy weesy.. here's some cheese for everybody .... This is 2 blocks from my pad

Lets make a poll about who has a camera where... I also have a real DV cam, but I like the simplicity of this...

No sleep till brooklyn, and even then maybe not

Comment

• peloquin
                    Till I Come!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
                    Originally posted by peloquin
                    Actually, my mother just forwarded me this web article about my grandmothers uncle who was one of the first recorded fatalities (missing) climbing Mt Rainier... thats near you sort of.... and its fucking beautiful in the pacific northwest, I give a toss about about it.

I've been using toss a lot ever since I got 2 seasons of the britcom SPACED on me tivo. I love it like crack.
                    yes, very beautiful country around here. mt hood to the south, rainier to the north. portland is a nice city too, seems to be the forgotten city of the west coast.

never seen spaced

Comment

• miketpoto
                      • Jan 2005

Spaced is rather obscure here in the states... However, I caught a marathon on TRIO the cable channel, I was thrilled, its hilarious... More my style than abfab ever was.

Comment

• peloquin
                        Till I Come!
                        • Jun 2004

i hate abfab

Comment

• miketpoto
                          • Jan 2005

I dont hate it, but its never been a priority... Dancing is our primary focus here at Mikes place!

Whats good for dinner?

Comment

• MJ
                            Here since 2002
                            • Jun 2004

Yeah i could make a vid of the place i live but it`d be a film of miles and miles of fields... bit dull really. It`s better if i give you an idea of my area in a pictures.

Sooo sooo quiet! Nothing like the hussle and bussle of 24 hour city but nice when you want to relax.
                            mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• miketpoto
                              • Jan 2005

I have a lot of english blood in me, but I am also half mexican, which is mostly spanish really. Everytime I goto the UK/ Holland/ Berlin .... those are the places I feel immediately comfortable in. I love London so much though, I feel instantly at home in that city as soon as I am out of heathrow and into central.

The fist video I took came out really well, I was just in the back seat of a taxi... I dont want anyone to get injured or killed, but if you drive yourself everywhere unlinke the NYC'rs, can you get a safety buddy to hold the cam of drive for you,and just whatever video your little boxes do, hold it as still as possible and drive like a bat out of hell...

My Name is Worts. I'm sorry, I have no Idea what your saying to me right now....

Comment

Working...