X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
    just pop out and get two 1200's, 2 cdj's(800 or 1000), djm-600.. sorted!

and DO NOT skimp on the ear goggles
    true.....i know most peeps dont like the sony's cause the leather cracks on the earpiece, but mine have been working fine for years
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• pimpmcknight
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jul 2004

Re: Beginner DJ equipment

I started out about 8 months ago asking the same questions. Did a little research and ended up buying everything new: 2 1200's and an Allen and Heath mixer (Xone:62), along with Shure needles and some Sennheiser headphones. I've had no problem with anything, except now I wish I'd bought CD-J's instead of decks. Buying records gets pretty freaking expensive and its hard to get the tracks you like. Still, there something about putting on a record and dropping the needle that is so much nicer than putting in a CD.
      Gooch...

Comment

• ZendoBro
        Mr. Roboto
        • Dec 2004

Any thoughts on Shure Whitelabels? Right now I have a pair of Ortofon Concorde Nightclub S's and I like them and all, but they tend to jump out of the groove when cueing up records sometimes, and I have the tonearm weight on anywhere from 3-3.5 grams. I like the fact that the Whitelabels have a weighted cartridge and I think it would solve that problem.
        I am no cyberwhore...
        http://www.myspace.com/zendobro

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

it might solve that problem. I too had that same problem. But i just eased my hand weight a little bit and now i have no problems with it at all.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...