• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beto
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Erection! I mean... objection!

Claim judge masturbated under bench

Jurors and others in Judge Donald Thompson's courtroom kept hearing a whooshing noise, like a bicycle pump. During one trial, Thompson seemed so distracted some jurors thought he was playing a hand-held video game behind the bench.

The explanation, police say, is even stranger: The judge masturbated with a penis pump under his robe during trials.

The lurid allegations have led to criminal charges, brought an embarrassing end to a solid career and shocked colleagues. It could also lead to a wave of appeals from defendants claiming the judge didn't pay attention.

Thompson, a married father of three, denies the allegations, and said the pump was a gag gift received from a buddy on his 50th birthday. He retired after being threatened with removal, but still faces indecent-exposure charges.

Clark Brewster, Thompson's attorney, said, ''We thought all this was dealt with when he resigned. We didn't feel like anything alleged rose to the level of criminal charges.''

Jim Wall, police chief in Sapulpa, Okla., said he'd heard rumors of the judge's behind-the-bench activities, but: ''You've got the most powerful man in Creek County, and I think a lot people were intimidated.''

Police built a case against after one of Wall's officers said he saw a piece of plastic tubing disappear under Thompson's robe. During a lunch break, officers took photos of the pump. They later collected carpet samples, the robes and chair, and found semen, court records show.

Thompson's court reporter, Lisa Foster, told authorities she saw him use the pump at least 10 times during trials. She said the first time was in 2000, but she did not tell police. ''I didn't want to be found dead in a ditch somewhere."

(from associated press)
Working...