X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Jamie Jones mixes Fabric 59

I'll need to give the lawrence mix another listen....it was too minimal for me personally the first time around, and the responses have clearly been positive.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
      I'll need to give the lawrence mix another listen....it was too minimal for me personally the first time around, and the responses have clearly been positive.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• trick12
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jul 2007

yah maximal i agree, maximal shit dat is lol
        that lawrence mix is massive, skipped thru it and cant wait to listen to the whole thing....6 more days
        Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• Kinetic
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Lawrence is imense. Loved him for years.

Also, you peeps should have seen Kassem Mosseīs live stream from Boiler Room TV yesterday. I repeat, that guy is doing to me what Seth Troxler did about 2/3 years ago. Hypnotic deep house at itīs best, without getting all moaning, emo and whiny like these dudes.

it should be up at Boiler Roomīs site in about a week, video included.
          "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
          http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Hmmm never heard of Kassem Mosse, he just did a RA podcast I've yet to hear.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Haziel
              Likes a finger upthere
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by simonr
              Wind your neck in a bit mate

Have you ever thought that the DJ's praised use the tracks a lot more effectively and coherently to build a proper set ?

For many the alchemy of DJ'ing is the blend of the tracks and where you sequence them ? Seems to be that this is becoming a lost art with the so called newer breed.

As for Lazarus (hardly a new name ?), decent DJ & great label, but his fabric has a very limp and underwhelming finish, which was a big shame as what went before was pretty good.

Will give the CD a play in the am as its sat there for a few days ... first few tracks sounded ok.
              It could go either way simon , some djs like sasha have also ruined tracks for me by playing them at incredible high bpms. anyhow we are not talking about djing skills here, we are talking about a scene, edm subgenre or music that many people here despise even though lately their fav djs are prone to give them a space.

But since you went there ... yes blending and programing are important elements but above all is always going be the actual music that is being played that stands out the most and what atmosphere it creates at a party.

I wouldn't measure Lazarus by just one recent compilation but more for what he has done and continues to do on so many aspects of the electronic dance music scene . One of those aspects being the creator of the GET LOST parties where in my personal opinion are the best parties you can possibly attend to atm. Filled with great music( mostly from artists of Crosstown rebels) , cool people and amazing vibes... never have I seen so many smiling faces on a dance floor than when I attended GET LOST.

Comment

• Haziel
                Likes a finger upthere
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by danielRR
                Crosstown Rebels has put out some quality dance music recently. Get Lost @ WMC was off the chain.

I very much like this kind of Jamie Jones : http://youtu.be/EXP6eqPDhSE

But I just put on the recent transitions guest mix of his... WTF is that? I'm going to his show in San Francisco on Thursday night. If he plays anything like that I'm going to slit my wrists on the dancefloor.
                GET LOST @ WMC was insane

I dont think he will play this way( transitions mix) at vessel , this is a typical jamie jones disco set, which he always announces beforehand just to avoid getting people pissed off .... lol anyhow I hope he does drop this track on thursday .

Comment

• Kinetic
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                  Hmmm never heard of Kassem Mosse, he just did a RA podcast I've yet to hear.
                  The man rules. Really unusual sound, so when you listen to a mix of his, you usually take like 10 minutes to fall into a groove, but once you do... it really takes you places. And this is coming from someone who, as you know, is a lot more into techno than into house.

It was funny watching that live stream full of dubstep/electro/bass kiddies : in the beginning they were all "when does the bass drop??? WTF I canīt dance to this?? Why is this intro so long?" and etc., 20 minutes later they were going "oh man if I was at that club right now I would be losing my shit!" and "I have to see this guy next time he comes to my town". Really funny watching peopleīs opinions slowly changing
                  "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                  http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• floridaorange
                    I'm merely a humble butler
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by simonr

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...