X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Aug 2009

Sasha Interview | Augmented Ibiza

Sasha Never Say Never at Ushuaia opening party kicks off today! We were lucky enough to grab a chat with him yesterday about how the new Ushuaia set – up will affect his music, his new label, his biggest Ibiza tracks past and present and how he will be using the App this year.

Sasha is also offering fans guestlist spots for the gig.

Email:
    adam.moujahid@threesixzerogroup.com with guestlist requests.

How has the music the music you play at Ushuaia affected what you normally play?

Parties at Ushuaia were something special, I got to play music I don’t normally get to play out in big rooms. My set last Sep was one of my fave Ive done in a long time. Intimate space- it allowed you freedom to do things

Has that affected what you play in other places. In Amnesia for example?

It’s a completely different sound to what I would normally get to play in main rooms.

What do you think was the biggest tune of last summer?

Hate/Love – Guy Gerber was an anthem, Nhar - afterburner was a beautiful head bouncing record, thought that was really good.

Which Tracks looking forward to playing this year?

Ha- you’ll have to come down to the Ushuaia parties and see! They start tomorrow Gui Boratto and Steve Bug Though, I really like the Tale Of Us tracks that ive been getting recently….

What will be a big record for Amnesia this year?

I think Ryan Davis - Asteroids (Cora Nova)_NATURA SONORIS i know its a bit old but i really like it

Amnesia is with Eric Prydz isn’t it?

Yeh, im doing two dates at Amnesia – one on the Terrace and one in the main room, they’re both amazing rooms

When did you last play Amnesia?

Couple of years ago at Cream

Fan question:How do you think the new Ushuaia set up will affect the music

Its a very different animal to last year, its a beautiful location and very big. Last year was about the intimacy. Its a beautiful location. In terms of Ibiza it is the best possible new location.Dancing outdoors,beach,500 people

Will you still play a deeper sound like you did last year?

It’s My first set tomorrow so we’ll see but i think it will be hard to get away with some of those deeper records.

Fan Question – What sound does Ibiza seem to respond to the best? More dutch, more tech, anthem…is there any specific?

Really nothing specific. I think the big dutch trance sounds are still absolutely massive here techno is huge. Carl Cox and Magda are still playing deep underground techno records. Its always music that has something special behind it that translates the best here.…Its hard to put into words, some records don’t make sense in other places but they seem to work here.

Fan question-is ibiza still as good to play as when you 1st played at Space?

Oh yeah, absolutely, its got better! The energy here is phenomenal.You can go to a great night like Cream / We Love - it’s pretty much unbeatable actually.

Fan question – Where in ibiza have you not played in your career,and you would most want to play at?

When I played DC10 I didn’t do a very good job so I’d like to go back and do a proper set, that would be fun

How do you feel about how music has changed in ibiza?

A lot of people were very negative about the situation, but this year theres so much hype+ so many young people No matter who’s on top, favourite, who’s hosting the best parties- people always come here to party! I feel like there’s a whole new generation of clubbers this year who have taken Ibiza as their own.

We were talking to Toddla T earlier about his gig with Skream and Benga…..

Yeh its a whole new sound….

Are you surprised at how nights with Skream and Benga have taken off?

I am because for years and years Ibiza was about house music but now it seems like everything is working down here. I remember dnb really tried to make it work, but they just couldnt quite get it- just didnt sit right here..
    That kind of urban sound didnt sound right here. But with Snoop Dogg at Amnesia etc its really opened up musically

You gave us some great tips last year. Any new restaurants you’re looking forward to trying?

The new Pacha restaurant which is where the old El Devino was- a great location I have to say.Ive only just got here but all my faves are still going strong:… Sa Punta the fish shack and Balafia for the grilled rabbit!

Any new beaches or any new beach things that youll be doing?

Well Ushuaia is probably the biggest, its a new venue its outdoors….

Fan question – from Maxim Lee what Ibiza record is closest to your heart and why?

Age of Love Jam & Spoon

Whats going on with the new label?

I found a vocalist through a track i played last year and he lived in NY so i tracked him down. He came and did a vocal for me which turned into the first release on my new record label We’ve done this Burn Studios competition. So i’ve had to listen to a 1000 versions over the past 5 days-ridiculous!

Any specific plans?

Ive already signed 5 or 6 tracks, we’ll be releasing a track per month/ 2 months for the forseeable future. Its just signing tracks that have something close to my heart+gettin some of the hottest remixers on board. Im not intending on taking on Warner Bros or EMI but its just gonna be a little cottage industry i think!

Will you be doing your own productions on the label?

Yeh every 2 or 3 releases will be mine

Is it all stuff you would play out or will it be more eclectic than that?

My idea with the label: have one version i can play out at a festival and one version i can play out at Ushuaia

When’s the first release?

22nd August. Cut Me Down- My mix, Layo&Buschwacka mixes+ then we’ll prob be releasing some winners from burn comp.

Where will you check into the most this summer on the App?

My gigs!!

As a dj what’s the best feature of the app for you?

The best feature is being able to talk to fans on the island directly ..and for me, to be able to find new bars & restaurants with the “what’s nearby” guide!

Thanks for the great interview. We really enjoyed talking to you from everybody at Augmented Ibiza. Enjoy the summer

Cheers!

_
    http://www.augmentedibizablog.com/2011/07/21/265/

• simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha Interview | Augmented Ibiza

Sa Punta the fish shack

A favourite of mine ... great to have a late lunch of sea bass & estrella to aid recovery after a heavy night.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Thanks !!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Caley Martin
        MCast Resident DJ
        • Oct 2004

Sasha likes Tale of Us... there goes the neighborhood.
        For your aural infusion of Caley:
        http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
        http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
        http://ultrawizardsword.net
        RA: Caley

Comment

Working...