Evidence of life on another planet within 5 years? Bets?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalghost10
    Getting Somewhere
    • Dec 2004

Evidence of life on another planet within 5 years? Bets?

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

I don't know if Mars will be the first place we will find it, but it seems a likely start. That planet holds a huge psychological significance for a lot of scientist, they are just determine to find life there, no matter what it looks like.

I just hope they don't bring back the kind of life from a martian rock sample contaminated with viruses that infects and kills all of us!!!

But if they find little worms or some small water bound plankton I wont be surprised, really. If they find something we can all see with the naked eye I would be truely amazed. Who knows - but it definitely puts a spin on our biggest question. My bet is they won't find anything for at least the next 10 years.

• Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

Re: Evidence of life on another planet within 5 years? Bets?

i believe we will find life on Europa before we ever find any life on Mars...

Comment

• sammwalk
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

I bet they won't find anything in the solar system. I think we have a better chance of seeing civilization or forestation on a distant planet, but I would give that at least 100 years for telescopes to get that good.

If there is any "life" on Mars, it won't have any real significance; it won't be anything more than primitive forms. We already know the principle of life is not confined to the earth, and the religious who believe fossils are the work of the devil will include any new evidence into that sphere.

Comment

Working...