Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miketpoto
    Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
    • Jan 2005

I stand corrected for the most part, and I'll own up to that and respect your personal reasons for not making a night of it. I will put in, for your info or hopefully benefit, that I too did the mdmaweekend for several years, among other things, I am 27, and "clubbing" and rolling can peacefully not mix with eachther with remarkable results. You can remember in detail why the night was so great, and conciously enjoy it to boot. (getting messy is fun too, but it hurts a lot more nowadays)

I do hope you can understand that casually asking about how to sneak a MD into a club, and in a few hours having access and very specific hardware with no back story is a bit of a red flag so to speak. I will stand by my beef with using the word impressed, if for no other reason than it's usage in your earlier post having a negative tone, intentional or not. I totally read into things a lot, too far at some points, but most of the time when I don't go with my gut or instincts I end up wishing I had (or sometimes regretting it). Anyway, words are extremely powerful in an online forum, lacking in voice inflections and facial expressions, choosing how things are said can have a much larger impact/ripple effect than ever intended.

So, sorry, sorry too that you aren't able to enjoy a club at this point in life (I understand your reasons though), and going to a club alone can be the most perfect way to realize or be reminded of the power of the music, and to fuckin DANCE...

Believe it or not, I know several people who are textbook examples of what I was pretty sure of you being earlier. They, however, are severely resistant to acknowledging any sort of regret or self-doubt.... past present or future. Your reasons and explanation legitimately set you apart from those of whom I speak.

I guess there are just two kinds of people in this world.... My kind of people, and assholes..

- Michael

Thank you BTW, for surprising me, in a very nicely refreshing way, even though we dont agree on the power of impress.

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
      Every recording method besides plugging your record medium into the soundboard system sucks anyway. Not worth recording a gig if you have no access to the mixer IMO.
      ...and a perfect example of this is the Delta Heavy show digs aired on kiss 100 a couple years ago.
      remember....it sounded like complete trash.
      this is what your recording will sound like. even worse.

Comment

• th33f
        Getting Somewhere
        • Feb 2005

ok, Michael, thanks for understanding. hope you won't snap at me again cause i'm planning to use _impress_ in this very post! and if you were there yesterday, i think you'd agree with my view of this...

anywho... i loved how the night turned out! first of all, they were expecting us(i took a firend with me) at the entrance and let us in WITHOUT STANDING IN LINE, WITHOUT TICKETS(which we both had), NEVER ASKED FOR ID, and they DIDN'T SEARCH US! i was paralized(now that's a verb with some power =P) by the reception and was even thinking about going back out and selling the tickets outside... never did, as i didn't want to lose any time, expecting to start setting up equipment right away... weird, but there was like another 4 guys with laptop cases doing the same exact thing, and they let us all in together.

it was a great start, but unfortunately, that's where it had to end. in a few minutes i found the guy i spoke to earlier. he checked his text messages for me and said no authorizations have been given to him by either Sasha or JZ, and that he was sorry... he did give me a drink ticket though!

now, let's move on to the music part... whoever was spinning up untill 1:00 AM was just terrible, and let's leave it at that. then Sasha came on... i decided to give him a chance and got out in the middle of the dancefloor, trying to enjoy the performance really hard. surrounded by a lot of Asian people, most of whom had their eyes closed and just waving and stuff, i couldn't help it - it got boring fast. i have not seen Sasha live before, but i heard a few of his livesets and i've gotta admit: his track selection yesterday was great, but that's about it. so as for first impressions - i'd have to say he left none. this Ableton Live stuff is really nothing special, or at least not my type of a mix...

Eric, the DJ booking guy, told me JZ will start at 2:30. i guess Sasha decided to go at it for a while longer, hoping to achieve some kind of exciment in the crowd, so James didn't start till 3:00...

I DON'T WANT TO SAY A THING ABOUT HIS PART, BECAUSE WORDS COULDN'T DESCRIBE IT! plus, i'll have hordes of Sasha fans lighting up flames over here... you just had to be there. for 2 hours the crowd wouldn't stop cheering and jumping, and me and my friend could barely move afterwards. then Sasha came back at 5:00 and they did a quick back-to-back(like 5 minutes). JZ said "Hey" into the mic, added some delays and looped the sample, and it was sounding great...

finally, i got to talk to James! just as i thought, Sasha was absolutely against any kind of recording setup by anyone, so at least i knew NOBODY got to record anything. oh well, we shook hands and he signed my shirt, which i'll post a picture of later. next time he is around, without Sasha, i'm getting the set recorded!

oh, and the microphone experiment. i got my friend to stand in the middle the whole time and everything seemed fine... untill we got back to the car and checked out the result. suffice it to say that everything that had bass(95% in Zabiela's case) was sort of "not there". i'm going back to B&H and returning the POS mic they sold me. should've used a dynamic stage one, but who knew... btw, a few beers and good music felt a lot better than tripping balls and floating away to any beat... now i wish like hell i lived in Miami!

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by th33f
          now i wish like hell i lived in Miami!
          Thanks for the review. And, you don't have to live in Miami, you just have to get to Miami!
          A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• th33f
            Getting Somewhere
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by skahound
            now i wish like hell i lived in Miami!
            Thanks for the review. And, you don't have to live in Miami, you just have to get to Miami!
            that's true. unfortunately, i can't drop everything and travel a 1000 miles just for one night. but time will tell, maybe by some coincedence...

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

that's true. unfortunately, i can't drop everything and travel a 1000 miles just for one night. but time will tell, maybe by some coincedence...
              Definitely understandable. Start saving now for next year's week of debauchery.
              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• miketpoto
                Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                • Jan 2005

anywho... i loved how the night turned out! first of all, they were expecting us(i took a firend with me) at the entrance and let us in WITHOUT STANDING IN LINE, WITHOUT TICKETS(which we both had), NEVER ASKED FOR ID, and they DIDN'T SEARCH US! i was paralized(now that's a verb with some power =P) by the reception and was even thinking about going back out and selling the tickets outside... never did,
                whoever was spinning up untill 1:00 AM was just terrible, and let's leave it at that. then Sasha came on... i decided to give him a chance and got out in the middle of the dancefloor, trying to enjoy the performance really hard. surrounded by a lot of Asian people, most of whom had their eyes closed and just waving and stuff, i couldn't help it - it got boring fast. i have not seen Sasha live before, but i heard a few of his livesets and i've gotta admit: his track selection yesterday was great, but that's about it. so as for first impressions - i'd have to say he left none. this Ableton Live stuff is really nothing special, or at least not my type of a mix...
                I got in the same no questions no nuthin no prob/open bar till 10pm, everyone who got there before 10pm did apparently, it was fuckin odd... lol

Who the FUCK was the opener? he looked like the love child of sasha and pvd, and Was so horrible I can't even go into it at all... who's dick did he suck? I'll open for sasha and suck it too, but I never heard a main floor DJ there that I would say "I could have done SO much better no doubts whatsoever".

THE PEOPLE YOU SPEAK OF... THEY ARE NOT SASHA FANS...THEY ARE BRIDGE AND TUNNEL "lets go "CLUBBING"" bitches who I will briefly say I take no shit from for a split second at all anymore. They cheering you heard was mostly that of the drunken meatheads and you may have noticed the dumb bitches about the club, the ones who don't quite get the concept of their cleavage having no power of the city gay boy, so to speak.... I think at least 20 CUNTS or so blatantly rammed into me, some in groups or "Cunta Lines" in going wherever they damn well wanted to, knocking over whoever they wanted to as well. I didn't resort to violence save for tripping 2 or so after they didn't even bother to try and go around or to the side of me at all, just head on keep walking until I get where I want, THIS IS ON THE DANCEFLOOR no matter where. I had some lovely death looks and words that would serve as a do not enter sign.Drunk couples shouldn't try to tango or ballroom partner dance on a no free space floor, and this isn't rocket science. Never in any club in europe I have ever been to have I ever encountered any noteworthy lack of common courtesy like this, and many other nights before 4am in NYC. I feel defenseless to stop this, but it's making it near impossible to enjoy the music without being barrreled into increasingly, should I allow that to happen? 18+ should include an IQ test (for all ages), it's a fucking joke otherwise.

James fucking rocked, sasha was great at points, not "working it" too much, but at the end, it was shown by sasha that this was James's night, with great enthusiasm, and love... I said out loud, "wow, he really fucking loves this kid (no condescension intended), look at them." I am in great pain from dancing ALL NIGHT, 10pm to 730am, I couldn't stand still for james main set at all, who could? also, Sasha's 2nd and 3rd tracks of the first set were so beautiful I got the tears welling up immediately, surprised the fuck out of me, but there was a sample that sounded like a crowd of people yelling-slow-motion-like in harmony that slide-panned from back to the front of the dancefloor.... I won't soon forget that one.

The boys played side by side for a good 45 minutes or more towards the end, "Ruhe"" You'll know my Frequency"-"Mr-Brightside" etc

I had an amazing night overall, mostly due to some incredible people by my side both old and new. Including the gang that has been ending out sasha and sander every other week together... Just eye contact and smiles and a few instant mutual hugs... (sans e-tard syndrome)... The night wound down and finished with so many smiles, new friendships, 3 COUNTem 3 depeche mode songs played over the night, and a great fuckin.... "thank you"

if u were there u know what I mean...

Mike Mmglobal... Your bud Patrick, and your friend visiting (forgot name), Thank you like you have no idea, for making all the grief and assholes worth every second. I haven't shared those specific wavelengths in eons, and I and excited to have some new great people to get to know..

Pictures and some vid when i get to it... I got a big burrito to eat, peace!

Comment

• th33f
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Feb 2005

unbelievable! i left at around 5:30, after Sasha went back on, mainly because my friend was up since 6 AM, who's been a great deal of help to me, driving and working as a live mic stand. =) pity i missed that back to back part. now i'm definitely gonna take a drive to Chicago, to catch JZ's 4 hour set next week!

oh, i saw the tamborine guy... i was like "I heard about you, you're a fucking cop!". He just said he was "the tamborine guy". looking forward to the pics/vids, Mike, especially if you got any after 6 AM or so... i guess a new thread for those would be in order, i'll add to it with a pic of the autographed shirt.

Comment

Working...