X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

The 9/11 charities - 1.5 billion that paid salaries

There are those that spent huge sums on themselves, those that cannot account for the money they received, those that have few results to show for their spending and those that have yet to file required income tax returns. Yet many of the charities continue to raise money in the name of Sept. 11.
    pretty damn sick if you ask me

The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX
  • clintlove
    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
    • Jun 2004

Re: The 9/11 charities - 1.5 billion that paid salaries

Assholes. They should all be arrested and thrown in jail.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Micko
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

I hate that shit

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^ +1 Human nature sucks !!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

He said he formed the charity to fulfill "our sacred oath" to build the garden. Tax records show the charity has raised $200,000, and that the Episcopal priest paid himself $126,530 in salary and used another $3,562 for dining expenses between 2005 and 2007.

Harris said he sees his charity's work as a success even if there is no garden at the site. "I saw our mission as teaching about forgiveness," he said.
          Err what? Motherfuckers.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

^^^ x 2
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

This story provides up to date numbers, but everyone was warned back when 9/11 occurred to be careful about who you donate to. People can be generous to a fault and charities can be mismanaged/or corrupt.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Shpira
                Angry Boy Child
                • Oct 2006

Generally speaking I think its always better to do some investigation before donating...here in the UK you get people pestering you in the street to give ten pounds a month...i.e. set up a direct debit...and its always the same guys that do it for a bunch of different charities and what actually happens is that 2 pounds goes to the charity while 8 goes to the company who signed you up...if i want to donate to amnesty, red cross or shelter...i might as well donate directly to them rather through a third party...
                In this case I am not really sure what the correct route would be but I would much rather send the money directly to a family of a fireman than go through some other douche.
                The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Dhar_2
                  meat and potatoes
                  • Jun 2004

Corruption on an Italian scale!

Comment

• bananapeel
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Hmm ... they claim ignorance on how to run a charity. They also try to pass off their "mistakes" as if it's the thoughts & intentions that count when they've clearly made off like a bandit.

Sadly, these corrupt people escape without a criminal record for their scams.
                    And sadly, there will always be people out there to prey on others' weaknesses.

Comment

• Illuminate
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Aug 2009

Charity honestly pisses me off. I do not believe any mofo out there trying to get a quick buck. Especially when you assume it's going to a decent cause.
                      Only last year was I fooled for a charity claiming funds for the Tsunami victims of Japan. Week later a news report warning people on these 3 elderly women posing on the streets as raising funds for Japan.

If you want to donate/help people go an do it yourself.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                      Sbando
                      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                      Bob
                      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                      KiwiTollway

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

I sent my tsunami donations via iTunes, I didn't even trust my company to do it

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

A few years ago I was walking through my hometown and bumped into a friend of mine who was signing people up to donate to charity (as alluded to above). She got me to sign up to donate a fee per month, but then told me to cancel the direct debit straight away. End result being that she gets a number to add to her figures. She wasnt on commission though, she was paid hourly at quite a decent rate for that kind of work. God knows how much of the money donated went on admin fees!

Comment

Working...