X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

SW4 was pretty decent

An absolutely fantastic, rainy and very muddy day ... but it didn't dampen the spirits. We made sure we were right at the front for a great view, better sound, and more stable ground.

Hernán brought the sunshine out though with a sublime grooving chugging melody-infused set that had everyone smiling ... he seemed in a great mood, eyes closed, head rocking (always a good sign) ... think I even got the thumbs up from HC later on Must check back through the past few shows for some ID's .. + I've got a few podcast links to send out now, as everyone wants to check out the radio show

Zabiela spent a bit too much time on his i-pad making noises ... but the second part of his set was great, Dark & Long (Christian Smith Rmx) went down well + we got the Stormtrooper version of Diabla !!

The sky darkened and storm clouds took over as Diggers hit the stage, inspired by this his first track was (I think) a combination of these two:

http://soundcloud.com/king-unique/unkle-feat-ian-brown-reign

Creamfields, BA 2004 < my little Hoff tribute

Continuing with the Rain theme Dolphin Love was up next, before some more great tracks and (as the sun re-appeared) Alan Fitzpatrick - Moon Palace John ended with Dihaiz ... and we exited quickly for fear of hearing Laidback Luke (who had terrible reports on the tube back) - caught some excellent music from Laurent Garnier before heading back for Underworld's festival finale.

A great day & special thanks to Hernán, JZ and JD for rocking it !
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • Eau Rouge
    Addiction started
    • Apr 2009

Re: SW4 was pretty decent

Nice one Simon, cheers for the round up - glad it was decent. Was gutted not to make it.

Laidback Luke:

Did you go on Sunday?

Comment

• Illuminate
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Aug 2009

Nice one mate. Would have been a wicked day of tunes and rain. What a way to start by Mr. Diggers.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
      Sbando
      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
      Bob
      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
      KiwiTollway

Comment

• unkle
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by simonr

Hernán brought the sunshine out though with a sublime grooving chugging melody-infused set that had everyone smiling !

Everyone knows that when hernan moves his head, something happens in the place.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

It does
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Illuminate
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Aug 2009

Lol.
            Ohhh Hernan.....

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
            Sbando
            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
            Bob
            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
            KiwiTollway

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2008

Re:

Nice review as always, Si. I must attend one of these years. Umbrella & mud shoes in hand.

Comment

Working...