X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3ibb3
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2005

Advice on booking DJ's for a new club

i have a chance to be the GM of a new night club opening, it;s small like 100 people 110 max i'd like to make it awesome Musically. My experience is working in hotels i've never had a DJ Budget before

any advice

cheers
    Eddie
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Advice on booking DJ's for a new club

not sure what your budget is, but i'd start with talking to the boston locals on this board who should be able to get you in touch with some local djs, who in turn could probably get you in touch with people/booking agencies with connections.

username 'buckman' is from boston... don't think he really goes to the clubs anymore but he may be able to point you in the right direction. there are several other users on here from boston, just can't think of who off the top of my head. i'll post if i can remember.

good luck to you, sir!
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• 88Mariner
      My dick is smaller
      • Nov 2006

where's Hulkuss? Just heard he booked Desyn Masiello in Cleveland. He'd definitely be someone to talk to about this.

also, i'd recommend lobbying the state house to overturn the puritanical closing hours of boston.
      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 3ibb3
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Garrick
        not sure what your budget is, but i'd start with talking to the boston locals on this board who should be able to get you in touch with some local djs, who in turn could probably get you in touch with people/booking agencies with connections.

username 'buckman' is from boston... don't think he really goes to the clubs anymore but he may be able to point you in the right direction. there are several other users on here from boston, just can't think of who off the top of my head. i'll post if i can remember.

good luck to you, sir!

i guess i should have stated up front i am pretty connected when it comes to the local scene Tanner Ross, Charlie & Eli form Soul Clap, Sergio Santos, Mike Swells are all friends of mine plus loads more from the local community. i want to be outside my circle also to some extent. I have about 2 grand a week to work with to provide music with no cover charge i can charge a cover with bigger named DJ to off set the cost.

this place (MS) is a place i trust for advice so along with asking local friends for advice i want to ask you guy's as well

i dont see Buckman as much as i use too but every now and then he comes out of the woodwork

cheers

Comment

• Haziel
          Likes a finger upthere
          • Jan 2007

hookers and blow ... thats all.

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

Mike Swells is a good guy. You ask him yet?
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• JonQPublik
              Gold Gabber
              • Apr 2006

MIke's a great connection. Buckman's on my shitlist. He's texted me three times asking for my addy to send a wedding invitation. Has anything come in the mail? Of course not.

And regarding local dj's.... *cough*
              http://soundcloud.com/jonqpublik/sets/love-and-other-stories

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

you'll need to find a decent resident that is in the same vein as you want your awesome nights to be.

Then you'll need to see how far your budget can go.

see who's touring and see if you can afford a big(ish) name once a month to raise your profile. Remember you are in the great position of a small club that can offer a personal experience with these dj's. I'll never forget when i saw S&D in a tiny club in birmingham compared with fabric or anywhere else. Initimate is better!

Comment

• liquidsky
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

http://www.elitemm.co.uk/about.php - have josh wink exclusive

and of course

AM Only -- http://www.amonly.com

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    Double hoodie beer monster
                    • Jun 2004

I documented some of my experiences over the last two years in this thread: http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...read.php?91141

Not all of it will apply because it was everything related to throwing a "rave" in a virgin venue with a group of friends, but hopefully some of it there might make sense to and apply to you

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                      you'll need to find a decent resident that is in the same vein as you want your awesome nights to be.

Then you'll need to see how far your budget can go.

see who's touring and see if you can afford a big(ish) name once a month to raise your profile. Remember you are in the great position of a small club that can offer a personal experience with these dj's. I'll never forget when i saw S&D in a tiny club in birmingham compared with fabric or anywhere else. Initimate is better!
                      100% agree

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
                        MCast Resident DJ
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Haziel
                        hookers and blow ... thats all.
                        awesome!!!

Comment

Working...