X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galapidate
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Saddam given to new Iraqi government?

I don't know if this is a smart move, but apparently when sovereignty is turned over to the Iraqis we'll be handing Saddam Hussein over to them. Anyone else think something is fishy about this?
  • brakada
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

I don't either know if that's smart, but it'll sure be a whole lot of fun to watch another beheading in Iraq. This time, totally justified...
    We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• Balanc3
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

He's dead in one month after handover I bet.
      JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• brakada
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Balanc3
        He's dead in one month after handover I bet.
        I think it would be a rather "fast" trial, if there would be any... more a matter of days if not hours, judging to the action taken against Sadam's statue in Bagdad.

Comment

• Trancelucent One
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

I think it's a great idea. If his own people kill him then the US is out of the hot-seat for killing them ourselves/abusing him or letting him get away with things. Also, if they kill him (which I have no doubt they will) it will help show skeptics that his people really did want him out of power!
          ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• MJDub
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Trancelucent One
            I think it's a great idea. If his own people kill him then the US is out of the hot-seat for killing them ourselves/abusing him or letting him get away with things. Also, if they kill him (which I have no doubt they will) it will help show skeptics that his people really did want him out of power!
            http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• FM
              Wooooooo!
              • Jun 2004

question is if so, who gets to be the lucky one...
              FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
              Facebook!
              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• neoee
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Imagine this:

Saddam gets handed over. Al-queda 'rescues' him and now Saddam wants revenge. I'm sure he still has people who are still loyal to him and willing to take his orders. Doesen't sound too smart to me.
                "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• GrantT
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

Saddam gets handed over. Al-queda 'rescues' him and now Saddam wants revenge
                  Since when did those two regimes co-operate?

Even the 9/11 commission has publically stated they have no credible evidence to suggest they're in cahoots.
                  Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com

Comment

• neoee
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GrantT
                    Saddam gets handed over. Al-queda 'rescues' him and now Saddam wants revenge
                    Since when did those two regimes co-operate?

Even the 9/11 commission has publically stated they have no credible evidence to suggest they're in cahoots.
                    I thought thats why we went to Iraq? :wink:

Your right they likely don't, but don't you think they would now have a common goal?
                    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• brakada
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by neoee
                      Imagine this:

Saddam gets handed over. Al-queda 'rescues' him and now Saddam wants revenge. I'm sure he still has people who are still loyal to him and willing to take his orders. Doesen't sound too smart to me.

Sure they will rescue Sadam. Even if this would happen, I think that Sadam has lost most of his followers by now (since they were following mostly because of their benefits, which Sadam can't offer anymore and thus IMO Sadam can't seriously threaten anyone anymore.

Comment

• Galapidate
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

I think you guys are on to something. That way, Bush can justify a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda

Comment

• mylexicon
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Re: Saddam given to new Iraqi government?

Originally posted by Galapidate
                          I don't know if this is a smart move, but apparently when sovereignty is turned over to the Iraqis we'll be handing Saddam Hussein over to them. Anyone else think something is fishy about this?
                          IMO turning him over is just a cop out. The U.S. isn't send him through any
                          sort of U.N. court, because that would be a waste of time. So we'll just throw him
                          back into the lion's den he created and wait for the new gov. to torture and
                          kill him.

Pretty lame but what the hell else are we going to do. The whole
                          world will throw a tantrum if we detain him, execute him, or simply hold him
                          without an international trial......so sending him back to Iraq is our only recourse.
                          Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• thespian
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2004

In the name of diplomacy and fear of what might happen (if US terminated him) u r throwing him back to Iraq in a final, desperate try to regain the good will of public opinion.
                            Hence, we r living in a world were media, statistics and communication tricks work together for the 'symphonic' manipulation and control of this world, flooded by narrow minded jerks like Bush (tiddles alikes) and ignorand stupid suckers like Kerry.
                            I say skin the cats and feed them to the dolphins.... but I am too high

Comment

• DJ Adrian Ravelo
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Trancelucent One
                              good point..

Although I dont know exactly what to think anymore.. this war is just..bah.
                              Cloud Nine Mix Sessions every LAST Thursday of the month
                              www.friskyradio.com
                              www.myspace.com/djadrianravelo

Comment

Working...