X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AchtungBaby!
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Feb 2009

Problem with Ipod

I've got nearly 100gb of my fav music inside the Ipod and don't know why i can't see or manage it anymore..

When open Itunes, got this message that says it can't open it and must restore the ipod settings, erasing all the content

Is there any way to get a back up of the music before restoring the whole settings????

Would hate to lose all this stuff, pls any help would be huge

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Problem with Ipod

Reading this stresses me out for you Juan, fingers crossed buddy, but it sounds like your music is gone. You might be able to take it somewhere like a 3rd party to retrieve the data but I doubt Apple will be of much help on this one.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

yep, sounds like it's gone. try installing sharepod and see if you can see any music on it.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

ilounge.com is a good resource for those kinds of questions

but sadly, its probably gone.
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

i'm starting to assume i'll lost all this music but what bothers me the most is that i can still see there are 98gb of "something" inside the Ipod.. Audio, Videos and Photos.. none... "others... 98gb"...

Already installed Sharepod but can read nothing aswell..

Resetting things again, the Ipod will work for the future??? Or it's better to get a new one?

Thanks again, i'm pretty much an idiot with these things

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

how old is it? if it's done the reset thing, it could be the drive going bad, you're better off getting the flash drive based ipod touch (if you will get a new one).
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
              i'm starting to assume i'll lost all this music but what bothers me the most is that i can still see there are 98gb of "something" inside the Ipod.. Audio, Videos and Photos.. none... "others... 98gb"...

Already installed Sharepod but can read nothing aswell..

Resetting things again, the Ipod will work for the future??? Or it's better to get a new one?

Thanks again, i'm pretty much an idiot with these things
              Have you asked Apple yet? You very well may be able to pay a 3rd party to retrieve all the files.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kamal
                how old is it? if it's done the reset thing, it could be the drive going bad, you're better off getting the flash drive based ipod touch (if you will get a new one).
                Old enough i guess..

I'll get a new one tomorrow .. Would you recommend a new one with a big capability or what??

Honestly i can't find a trusty device to keep safe the music i like for a long period of time.. any advice?

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

If it's only music you're after, then get any flash memory based device. But you can't go wrong with the iPod touch I tell ya. Unless you can find the non-cellular version of the samsung galaxy.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...