Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rewing3
    I really don't care
    • Jun 2004

Re: Saddam given to new Iraqi government?

Originally posted by Galapidate
    I don't know if this is a smart move, but apparently when sovereignty is turned over to the Iraqis we'll be handing Saddam Hussein over to them. Anyone else think something is fishy about this?
    Yeah for the most part. Just like the us help training there millitary also for when this so called new gov't takes over. Don't make much sense but who knows. I predicate saddam will be back in power in less then a yr.
    Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• deeprogressions
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Not a bad idea simply politics as usual. Sending Saddam back to Iraq is just a means to an end. If we were to attempt to prosecute him we would first have to charge him with crimes (something we have yet to do this is why we have to return him to Iraq to stay with in the bound of the Geneva Convention), then prosecute through courts. A rather expensive time consume venuture no matter how you look at it. This way we stay com completly within th G.C. and have Saddam executed without investing any real time or effort, excluding the tremendous initial effort of capture.

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

I was wondering about the Iraq-Al-Qaida link:

they might have had nothing to do with each other, which could explain why Saddam had to hide in an underground dog-shed like the dog he is. He obviously received only minimal help, from inside his country, and if he were in touch with A-Q, wouldn't they have gotten him out of the country a lot earlier and stashed him away, just like Bin-Laden? They've already proven to be very capable of pulling that off you know, even with American or European soldiers and special forces crawling all over the place (see Afghanistan).

On the other hand, what could A-Q win by letting him take the fall? If they had something to gain by it, they might as well have done that.
        But actually I don't think Saddam was an idealist like Bin-Laden, just a despot and a nepotist, enriching himself and terrorizing the country and the region. So maybe Bin-Laden didn't want to have anything to do with the man...who can say?
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• tintin
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

But what happens if some of the new goverment people are Sadam loyalist? and they just put him back into power? Do you think our govermnt will sit on the place where he is captive to make sure he gets a proper trial or what ever punishment he gets? Also if he rots in prison for the rest of his life wouldn't that be better then excuting him? Although, I guess he could get recued by people.

Comment

• Balanc3
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tintin
            But what happens if some of the new goverment people are Sadam loyalist?
            lets just hope not

I highly doubt there will be a public beheading although it would be justified if you believe in eye for an eye and that sort of thing. Thats just too cruel a punishment for the new government to support if they want world recognition. He may be pubicly executed somehow or another, but if he gets locked up for the rest of his life then he better be allowed interviews so that the whole world can see him suffer behind bars like noreaga has.
            JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

I think they should turn him over to the new Iraqi gov. Think about all the people that "hate" that guy. It would a wonderful treat for the people of Iraq to due process of law for this sick fuck.

Some of you worry ... I am sure the Good Old USA has a cruise missle with his name on it. We will be watching.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

I could really care less as long as he dies. The sooner the better.
                "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
                "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
                - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...