X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ariel Cybana
    Addiction started
    • Jul 2004

Provocative 3-4 | Ariel Cybana & Rob Duffy

This week's Provocative features Rob Duffy from Audio Deluxe in a special 2 hour farewell set featuring some of his favorite music. Please give it a listen and let him share this with you. I'll open up for the first hour and then Rob will take over.

For more information on Rob Duffy: www.robduffy.net

Tune in at 1-3PM PST (9-11PM GMT) at www.eccentricbeats.com
  • DigitalReason
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

what do you mean "goodbye set"?
    is provocative over??? hope not cause it is one of my fav shows
    http://www.myspace.com/digitalreason96

Comment

• Ariel Cybana
      Addiction started
      • Jul 2004

Re: Provocative 3-4 | Ariel Cybana & Rob Duffy

Provocative is far from over!! my apologies for misphrasing it.. my bad! Thanks so much for listening.

I got a 100th show and 2yr anniversary coming up in May and June respectively so be looking for some notable goodies then and through the summer. I plan to have a very provocative summer. Also I gotta get a new mic (look at my avatar photo for culprit) or adapter for my other one so I can start doing intros again. Some of you miss my blabbing about stupid nonsense and attitude.

Rob Duffy is leaving DJing due to tinnitus (ringing in the ears). He originaly said no on the guest spot but I talked him into doing one last mix which he agreed to do. He'll be playing a variety of styles and even a couple of classical numbers (and my acapella too).

Comment

• skahound
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jun 2004

Re: Provocative 3-4 | Ariel Cybana & Rob Duffy

Originally posted by Ariel Cybana
        Rob Duffy is leaving DJing due to tinnitus (ringing in the ears). He originaly said no on the guest spot but I talked him into doing one last mix which he agreed to do. He'll be playing a variety of styles and even a couple of classical numbers (and my acapella too).
        That definitely sucks. My dad had tinnitus for a while and it progressed into what is known as Miniere's Disease and now he is about 95% deaf in his left ear and about 30% in his right. I remember several years ago travelling with him to various clinics all over the state to try to find some answers. Finally we got linked up with a doctor in Sarasota that was performing some experimental surgeries, etc. Unfortunately it didn't work. Turns out that it stems from the years that my father was in a rock band (20+ years) and I think they also said it's possible that it's hereditary as well.

Anyway, best of luck to Rob and here's to a speedy recovery.
        A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Ariel Cybana
          Addiction started
          • Jul 2004

My dad had hearing problems too yet his was due to working in a ship's engine room where it was really loud. In the last years of his life, it was difficult to talk to him cause you'd always have to repeat yourself. I guess you can say my dad had this condition too though I dont remember him complaining about ringing in his ears.

Rob doesn't feel sad about leaving DJing, he just looks at it as closing one chapter and starting a new one. Isn't tinnitus a permanent ringing in the ears?

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ariel Cybana
            Isn't tinnitus a permanent ringing in the ears?
            I believe that a diagnosis means that it's permanent, although there are various therapies out there that can reduce the amount of ringing and, as in my father's case, several experimental therapies out there as well. It's been years since I've read up on the latest developments becaue after my father's last unsuccessful surgery (a shunt that was placed in his ear in hopes of regaining his hearing) he just kind of accepted the deafness as a fact of life and began to move on.

Hopefully there have been further developments in recent years that will prove to be beneficial to Rob.
            A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• tiddles
              Encryption, Jr.
              • Jun 2004

i have tinnitus from 5 years of wearing headphones for ~4-5 hours a day.
              fucking sucks. i can never enjoy silence.

Comment

• Ariel Cybana
                Addiction started
                • Jul 2004

I think so too on the diagnosis of tinnitus. One of my close friends in town has permanent ringing in the ears from being in front of the speakers when we used to go to clubs and raves long ago. Whenever I went out, I'd never stand in front of the speakers or anywhere I felt was too loud. So far I've been lucky with my hearing.

Comment

Working...