X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unrecogniseduser
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Fabriclive 59: Four-tet

what a great CD this is. Came in the mail yesterday and I put it straight on. I normally dont expect too much from the fabriclive CD's, and when I read the review for this cd from fourtet I was expecting even less. The review said something like (paraphrasing) "a cd split into two parts, garage and techno, with a track in the middle as a spacer that is supposed to make one think of walking between two different rooms in fabric". However, I have to say, it really works, the first half is really interesting bass heavy music, and the disconnect to the second half is not as big as you might think. Also, I think this is the first mix cd i have ever heard where a Burial track really seems to fit in.

I would recommend this mix to people who wouldnt normally give something like this a second glance.

The RA preview:

Details of Four Tet's Fabriclive 59 mix have been announced.

Fabriclive 59 brings together 27 tracks comprising unreleased Four Tet material, field recordings captured at fabric and music that Hebden deemed to have been under-appreciated or missed upon release. An accompanying press release outlines some of the lengths Hebden went to in order to unearth said material. In one specific example—Persian's "Feel Da Vibe"—Hebden was unable to even source a copy of the track from the artist himself, eventually discovering a kindly Discogs user who was willing rip the vinyl for him.

In terms of the overall vibe: "This mix is not about my DJing," Hebden says. "It's about London and Fabric and nights out and my take on all that. The memories and the influences." Among new Four Tet material featured is three original tracks—"Fabric", "Locked", "Pyramid"—and a remix of Crazy Bald Heads' "First Born." Elsewhere music from Floating Points, STL, Burial, Ricardo Villalobos and Michel Redolfi is stitched together with field recordings from the venue ("as if you're moving within the club space to hear different DJs").

The mix is said to have been put together using a computer, albeit with a somewhat different approach. Every track was recorded in from vinyl; new Four Tet material was cut to acetates, and no cleaning or levelling was applied at the mastering stage.

Tracklist
    01. Intro
    02. Michael Redolfi – Immersion Partielle
    03. Crazy Bald Heads – First Born
    04. Persian – Feel Da Vibe
    05. KH – 101112
    06. Youngstar (Musical Mob) – Pulse X
    07. Crazy Bald Heads – First Born (Four Tet Remix)
    08. Floating Points – Sais (dub)
    09. Apple – Mr Bean
    10. Manitoba – Webers
    11. Big Bird – Flav (Urban Myths Remix)
    12. Genius – Waiting
    13. Four Tet – Fabric
    14. David Borden – The Continuing Story of Counterpoint Part Nine
    15. STL – Dark Energy
    16. Percussions – Percussions One
    17. C++ – Angie’s Fucked
    18. Burial – Street Halo
    19. KMA – Cape Fear
    20. WK7 – Higher Power
    21. Ricardo Villalobos – Sieso
    22. Four Tet – Pyramid
    23. Red Rack ‘em – How I Program
    24. Active Minds – Hobson’s Choice (Tune For Da Man Dem)
    25. Armando Gallop & Steve Poindexter – Blackholes
    26. Outro
    27. Four Tet – Locked

Fabric will release Four Tet's Fabriclive 59 on September 19th, 2011.
    motherlover
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Fabriclive 59: Four-tet

I thought this sounded quite random.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Troklo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

That Pyramid track near the end is massive. It´s one of thouse to get lost in.
      Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

I enjoyed this on its first play - and yeh, that Pyramid track is great
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• TomTom
          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
          • May 2002

dunno why but checking the thread title briefly I read Fabriclive: 59 hour set and thought WTF

Comment

• veselic
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

it just makes sense business wise

Comment

Working...