Shameless Self Promotion and who cares if I got the itch so bad it hurts.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phuck'm-up
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jan 2008

MCast resident mix
    Shameless Self Promotion and who cares if I got the itch so bad it hurts.

We only get to do this once so tonight i say fuck it. Why not?

Some one on this site has the means and the ways to go on and hook a small town country boy up with some opening DJ slots. I spend so much time listening to music and all ever wanted was to be a DJ...As cheese as that sounds it is true. But that i live in a part of the world that seems completely isolated from the rest of the planet as far as music goes makes it next to impossible to completely contribute what i have invested in this music.. All I need is one shot in front of a big crowd to prove myself as able and ready.Ready to represent. I know what it means to warm the house up. All I need is for some one out there to say " fuck it lets see what this kid is all about.." and book my ass. I know this sounds crazy but we will never get to live this life ever again and I really want to perform in this time and in this space..

Thanks

My new one on MCast. the aquanaun dream. Deep chunky whip ass music in my opinion. Such great producers out there.

Hope you enjoy

http://www.mcast.mercuryserver.com/?p=8993
    https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Shameless Self Promotion and who cares if I got the itch so bad it hurts.

How often do you send out promos? I've been managing my friend (as you may or may not know) and he is getting to where he wants to be slowly by surely. I built him a website, business cards and promote the hell out of his music, or used to every day nearly. He's now getting picked up by a manager who is legit and someone who I can sort of pass the baton to, which was always my goal. Anyway, hope you are great at networking and if not, hope you have a friend or someone who can help with that. You really have to pound the pavement and knock some doors down nowadays, best wishes my friend.

(and promoting some on here or course is a fine idea dude )

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• nick007
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2007

Hit it dude. Hope you get your chance!

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• bobjuice
        Banned
        • May 2008

"If you don't ask you don't get" sometimes mate.

Good luck!

Comment

• phuck'm-up
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Jan 2008

That what I am thinking. Put it out there and see what happens. Not very good at networking but have not made it number one either. That is changing. Thanks for the
          https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• phuck'm-up
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by floridaorange
            How often do you send out promos? I've been managing my friend (as you may or may not know) and he is getting to where he wants to be slowly by surely. I built him a website, business cards and promote the hell out of his music, or used to every day nearly. He's now getting picked up by a manager who is legit and someone who I can sort of pass the baton to, which was always my goal. Anyway, hope you are great at networking and if not, hope you have a friend or someone who can help with that. You really have to pound the pavement and knock some doors down nowadays, best wishes my friend.

(and promoting some on here or course is a fine idea dude )

Where do you send out promos. Where do i start. An agent would be cool but there seems like so many are either stacked with big names or don't get you shit.

Like I said we only get to live "this" life once and i want to play music for people and make them dance and create that vibe we all love so much.

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by phuck'm-up
              Where do you send out promos. Where do i start. An agent would be cool but there seems like so many are either stacked with big names or don't get you shit.

Like I said we only get to live "this" life once and i want to play music for people and make them dance and create that vibe we all love so much.
              You have to cast your net really wide my friend. That means hitting up every seemingly legitimate DJ needed ad on craigslist, potentially moving to a bigger market, asking friends on MS how they did it, and otherwise pursuing your goal every single day. Advancing yourself one baby step at a time. Luck is when you get to jump ahead of maybe 10 steps, but don't count on luck. At the end of the day, activity = results, meaning any action toward your goals is exponentially better than no action. This will seem cheesy but when it comes to any entertainment related job, you just gotta go do it. I'm sure you already know most of this.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• phuck'm-up
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Jan 2008

Thanks bro.

Comment

Working...