X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Those Silly Lakers

gee.... who would have EVER thought this would happen???

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

Sensing his days were numbered, Shaq talked about his beefs with Kobe and Lakers management.

and they still didn't win a ring with their superstar status...
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

OWNED!
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• bananapeel
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Teams that try to piece together a whole bunch of superstars usually do not work... The team looks great on paper, but when they're on the floor together you just have too many egos. I remember Houston Rockets try to have Hakeem Olajuwon, Scottie Pippen and Charles Barkley on the same team to try to when a championship, but it was of no use.

Well I wouldn't blame Jackson for walking away from this mess... it was a mess indeed... :wink:

Comment

• beto
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Great to see Shaq talking about Kobe finally... really blew some steam there, although I would've like to see them throwing punches in some game... sure would've been better than De la Hoya's fight.

Shame on Buss... no respect...

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bananapeel
          Teams that try to piece together a whole bunch of superstars usually do not work... The team looks great on paper, but when they're on the floor together you just have too many egos. I remember Houston Rockets try to have Hakeem Olajuwon, Scottie Pippen and Charles Barkley on the same team to try to when a championship, but it was of no use.

Well I wouldn't blame Jackson for walking away from this mess... it was a mess indeed... :wink:

yeah and the rockets still have egos on their team.. new deal in the works for steve francis, catino mobley and kato for orlando's tracy mcgrady... if orlando gets three decent to better than average players AND they get first round draft pick ,they are going to have a decent team next year... as for the rockets, mcgrady and yao together? i don't know, it sounds good but the rockets would be giving up three good players in return.

some big decisions in the works for the nba this summer.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• MJDub
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

That's crazy talk, Garrick. :P
            http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• hypoluxxa
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Re: Those Silly Lakers

Originally posted by Garrick
              gee.... who would have EVER thought this would happen???

and they still didn't win a ring with their superstar status...

Didn't Phil win 3 rings with the Lakers?

Comment

• FM
                Wooooooo!
                • Jun 2004

he meant after adding Payton & Malone...

I respect Shaq a lot more I tell ya...if people were more upfront in business and not beat around the bush, business would get done more efficiently.

Buss is taking a major gamble, because if Kobe is found guilty, goodnight team...they can go join the Bulls from dynasty to basic dwellers in the cellar...(barring who they get for Shaq)
                FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                Facebook!
                A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Didn't somebody say something about rats leaving a sinking ship? :wink:

Not Phil, but everyone else. I respect what he's achieved.

Comment

• evangelion
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Going to hell in a handbasket, is all I can say. Who would have thought 2 or 3 years ago that this is how this team would come to an end. I love Shaq and I love Kobe, but they are really casting themselves in an extremly negative light with all of this juvenile in-fighting. Look at the Pistons who just handly kicked their respective asses. No bonafide superstar (stars, but no superstars), team attitude, team play, and they just won. I've never seen 2 players on one team do more to hurt that teams stability and chance of winning. They both want to be "the man" and are too stubborn and full of themselves to admit they couldn't have done anything without each other. And let's not forget Phil. He took the exact same team as the year before he came to a ring.

I kind of hope they both go seperate ways and never win anything ever again. Maybe that will bring them back down to Earth.

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
                      MCast Resident DJ
                      • Jun 2004

yah they got their ass handed to them

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

It was SAD, I don't mind if a team tries and has their ass handed to them, BUT they just got pummeled. It wasn?t even close. I don't think that they even tried. Oh well, the same thing that happen to Chicago will happen here.

Comment

• nbpgt
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Re: Those Silly Lakers

Originally posted by Garrick

Comment

• Bryanw24
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by _evangelion_
                            Going to hell in a handbasket, is all I can say. Who would have thought 2 or 3 years ago that this is how this team would come to an end. I love Shaq and I love Kobe, but they are really casting themselves in an extremly negative light with all of this juvenile in-fighting. Look at the Pistons who just handly kicked their respective asses. No bonafide superstar (stars, but no superstars), team attitude, team play, and they just won. I've never seen 2 players on one team do more to hurt that teams stability and chance of winning. They both want to be "the man" and are too stubborn and full of themselves to admit they couldn't have done anything without each other. And let's not forget Phil. He took the exact same team as the year before he came to a ring.

I kind of hope they both go seperate ways and never win anything ever again. Maybe that will bring them back down to Earth.

im not much of a Kobe fan but if the magic get shaq do u think t-mac would really want to leave? you know shaq still has a house in O-town.....bring shaq BACK TO orlando

Comment

• boatstochina
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jun 2004

there was something really satisfying in seeing the lakers beat.

Comment

Working...