X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Lisle Vs Lisle

Is it just me, or is the Kiss 100 set (2005) far superior to the Bedrock CD???

Any thoughts?

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• chunsa
    Getting Somewhere
    • Dec 2004

which kiss mix??

lisle's first kiss mix is my favorite of all the mixes he has done.

bedrock cd grows on you. he does so much in it.
    PROTON RADIO
    the best electronic music
    http://www.protonradio.com

Comment

• mmglobal
      Gold Gabber
      • Sep 2004

Huggie,
      I don't think either one is superior to the other...the two can't be compared. You gotta know that they are 2 totally different sets. One one hand, you have a mix on the Bedrock label that pays the bills and gets you label press, exposure, etc. There's careful consideration into what goes into a label album. Who to please, how you want it to be remembered, is it gonna be timeless, is it new, is it what you want??
      On the other hand you have a mix that Lisle can have 100% creative control and do with however he pleases. It's a different time of the year, time of day, he's got new records that get him off. Things are gonna sound totally different. To say one is superior to the next is somehow forgetting the 2 different mediums, and different intentions that surround each. I'm glad to hear you a far more intrigued by the kiss mix, you've got breaks in your blood. However, I've found new things to appreciate artistically after going back to his bedrock mix again a few times. It continues to redifine itself in new, exciting ways. It's kinda the way I was with MMII. Just my 2 cents.
      Peace.

Comment

• armandzadza
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Re: Lisle Vs Lisle

Haven't heard the OS2 yet, but I am loving the Kiss 100 set. Started off very glitchy and built up very nicely throughout the hour...great job!
        Will work for Sasha sets

Comment

• moonis
          Addiction started
          • Feb 2005

i havent got the kiss100 show ... but the Bedrock CD is good so far
          moonis | Mixcloud

Comment

• THEWALLSTER
            Fresh Peossy
            • Mar 2005

The latest kiss mix was superb, how does he pull it off?!

Did anyone catch his mix broadcast on xfm the same nite? fantastic!

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
              • Jun 2004

I've been saying it for so long now. This man is seriously underrated and I hope his popularity continues to grow, AND THAT HE COMES TO AUSTRALIA!!!! (I know you're reading this Jon... get your ass down here, before winter hits )

His KISS mix is sounding pretty bad ass, my saga to get the Bedrock cd continues. I cancelled my order with amazon because I figured I could get it quicker here locally. My local HMVs have a pathetic range and don't have it, no time to go to the city one to get it, so ordered it off hmv.com.au... It should've arrived today, I get an email from them saying oh sorry we don't have it in stock, but we'll send it to you when we actually do. Why wasn't I told this a week ago when the order was actually placed?! I could've gone to Virgin and picked it up no worries.
              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• Jon Lisle
                Fresh Peossy
                • Sep 2004

sheesh...i spent a weekend on the kiss mix and 6 months on the bedrock album...

seriously, thanks for the support. there will be a full 70 odd minute version of the kiss show available soon w/h voiceovers.

cheers

j

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

as mmglobal said, you could spend 6 months trying to please the masses or one month trying to please yourself..... played from the heart is when it moves everyone's feet

-e-
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• pretence
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

Hi Jon

Great mix and unbelievable album! Now seriously when are you coming over to Ireland and I don't mean the Red Box in Dublin but the Savoy in Cork?

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                      Anyone have Styx livesets?
                      • Jun 2004

I should be clear here - I still love the bedrock cd - just thought the KISS set was fucking amazing!

haha
                      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Pataky P
                        asdf_imo
                        • Jun 2004

Idon't heard this set...

Comment

• gsturm
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Jon, did you steal Craig Richards's records at Fabric one night recently?

Just kidding -- the KISS mix was not at all what I was expecting sound-wise but IMO it was fvcking killer. Amazing work. Haven't heard OS2 yet but it's in the mail from Amazon so very much looking forward to that.

Comment

• rewing3
                            I really don't care
                            • Jun 2004

Jon, your kiss mix still is amazing 2 weeks afterwards. I still have not heard your OS2 mix yet. Still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Hopefully soon. But keep up the good work.
                            Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• pdowney
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

Haven't heard OS2. But this Kiss mix is top notch. Only half-way through but enjoying it very much.
                              Philip

Comment

Working...