X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhythmfactory
    Fresh Peossy
    • Mar 2005

Pole Folder "Zero Gold" Official Bedrock Album Tou

Pole Folder makes a welcome return to the forefront of the Bedrock label with his long awaited artist album, the first EVER on Bedrock Records, 'Zero Gold'!

Rhythm Factory Management , now taking worldwide bookings for the official "Zero Gold" Pole Folder Bedrock Album tour. www.rhythmfactory.org.uk

"When I think of forward thinking dance music, I always think ?John Digweed?. For me, this is the maturity of trance and electronic music in general. Its music for the dance floor, but also for the mind and I love this combination. You have all the freedom to compose, to search and to innovate. Its Pink Floyd in the 21st Century."

Pole Folder : progressive-sounds.com

'Pole Folder is one of the most consistent and talented producers I've heard over the years. As far as the first ever artist album on Bedrock goes, he was the natural choice as there's been a link since we signed 'Apollo Vibes' after opening my GU: Los Angeles album with it, right through 'Dust' on MMII to the outstanding production you?ll hear here. This album is a really broad soundscape of music with feeling; downbeat building records, driving, urgent breaking tracks and mind blowing cinematic scale and production?all with a thread running through it. He's a genuine talent with a passion and a vision behind everything he does. Zero Gold is a brilliant reflection of that talent.'

John Digweed

Pole Folder & Bedrock

Pole Folder debuted on Bedrock Records in 2001 with a track conceived around space echoes and a strange collaboration of sounds called ?Apollo Vibes?. The massive underground response to this song, used by John Digweed to open his ?Global Underground ? Los Angeles? album was the beginning of Pole Folder?s career and his close collaboration with Bedrock.

A worthy follow up to ?Apollo Vibes? came with the fantastic AA, ?Enter the Rhythm? / ?Waxxx? and "Dust" in particular confirmed to the electronic scene that this was a new musician to watch with interest.

The Album

It took Pole Folder almost 2 years to produce "Zero Gold", a timeframe necessary to develop the complete idea of the concept and his musical translation of the ideas into an album.

Drawing on inspiration from artists like Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Massive Attack and Talk Talk Pole Folder has strived to maintain a common theme behind the tracks on the album, and this is reflected in the consistent and very predominant idea that it is sometimes that what we fear shapes our decisions, and motivates the purpose rather than our desires

From ?Abrasion? to ?Before it all changes? Pole Folder shares his analysis of the fears and doubts which afflict the human condition and that despite the palpable presence of melancholy made evident through the lyrics, and the atmospheric tone, a delicate optimism rises from the album.

Each track merges subtly into the next, to create a complete voyage of exactly 59 minutes and 59 seconds.

"Zero Gold" is not simply a dance album. It is a carefully crafted work, grounded in timeless musical concepts, stellar production and genuinely felt artistic presence. It acknowledges its influences without parodying them and is ultimately an expression of the artist?s endeavor played out through the use of modern technologies and musical techniques.

Available Compact Disc March 2005
    Limited Edition Gatefold LP March 2005

For bookings / info please contact Paul Fletcher / Rhythm Factory

Tel: +44 (0) 7862723774
    Fax: +44 (0) 766 770 941
    fletch@rhythmfactory.org.uk

For licensing please contact Nick Bates / Bedrock Records

Tel: +44 (0) 208 742 7670
    Fax: + 44 (0) 20 8994 3257
    nick@bedrock.uk.net

www.polefolder.com / www.bedrock.uk.net / www.rhythmfactory.org.uk
  • rewing3
    I really don't care
    • Jun 2004

Can't wait to check this out. Should be a great cd.
    Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• the sun the sea
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Re: Pole Folder "Zero Gold" Official Bedrock Album

oh shit, man, i've been waiting for this album for a long time. i just hope to be moved by it like i've been by his previous tracks.
      download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• chuckc
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Pole folder is really remarkable...I had the pleasure of hearing him live last wmc at the fade party and he blew my mind...Not only is he a talented producer he is one hell of a dj as well.....I Just dont get to hear enough of his sets....

Comment

• jarble187
          vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
          • Sep 2004

Hopefully, he will have some stateside appearences with this tour.
          Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• DJB
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

This one should be a classic. Most of there productions are top notch.
            DJB

Comment

• Weizy
              MCast Resident DJ
              • Jun 2004

wow, this should be an interesting listen...

i had no idea this is what pole folder has been up to

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

Tracklist:

1. Abrasion
                2. Waterfalls Of Love
                3. Salvation On Slavery Sins
                4. Scared To Lose
                5. Inner Turmoil
                6. London
                7. Fall In Violet
                8. Morning Crow
                9. Faith In Me
                10. Before It All Changes
                A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

I was listening to Pole Folder - Live From Studio 80Hz (01-30-2004) on Sunday - its a corker ... can't wait for the tour !
                  sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DocWashburn
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Aug 2004

What odds a Sydney leg for the tour. Slim to none I am guessing.

Comment

• TomTom
                      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by skahound
                      Tracklist:

1. Abrasion
                      2. Waterfalls Of Love
                      3. Salvation On Slavery Sins
                      4. Scared To Lose
                      5. Inner Turmoil
                      6. London
                      7. Fall In Violet
                      8. Morning Crow
                      9. Faith In Me
                      10. Before It All Changes
                      Nice, a new artist CD where you don't know half of the tracks in advance because DJ's played them to death already! Looking forward to this album.

Comment

• cwsiggy
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

Once again the United States gets screwed with a release date a whole month after the rest of the world, at least according to amazon.com. No wonder people download stuff. Why the record companies haven't figured this out is beyond me!!!!

damn!!!!! :cry:
                        The djs took pills to stay awake and play for seven days......

Comment

• rhythmfactory
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DocWashburn
                          What odds a Sydney leg for the tour. Slim to none I am guessing.
                          Watch this space

Comment

• mmglobal
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Sep 2004

I'll be front and center for the New York leg of the tour fo' sho'!!!!
                            It's awesome to see some of the greatest producers of our time right now putting out artist albums.
                            Looking forward to this one.

Peace.

Comment

Working...