• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by aeon
    Regarding the mp3?:
    I realized this morning while showering ... why would I want mp3s for djing??? I just got an IRiver H340 and I'm obsessed now with MP3s. it would be nice to add one cdj to the djset up so I can play vinly and then throw stuff on the cdj that my friends' make or that I buy from Beatport.
    thanks for the slap I'm just all wrapped up in the IRiver- how much to have sooo much music in the palm of my hand.
    just burn them as .wav files. sorted

mp3's you will hear a noticeable loss in quality on a big system

Comment

• rewing3
      I really don't care
      • Jun 2004

WOW. I just wonder how they sound though. Numark is notorious for making shitty products. So who knows.
      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• aeon
        Fresh Peossy
        • Mar 2005

Guess I should have prefaced. the mp3s are for car and work listening only. I know the quality is considerably less than a wav. file. Currently I use Wavelab to do conversions from high quality wav to mp3 for toolin' around.

Funny to talk about quality yet vinyl is inherently lower quality than a digital version altho I think it lacks warmth and I don't mind hearing the crackle of a record occassionally. There's something enjoyable about the tactile sensation of wax that cds just don't have... nevermind using your laptop.

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
          WOW. I just wonder how they sound though. Numark is notorious for making shitty products. So who knows.
          my mate has them, and swears by them. if you like the feel of being able to still "spin" vinyl while playing cd's, he told me these are the way to go. and the torque is just as good the 1200's, if not better.

Comment

Working...