Club Nights or the Multi-Stage Festivals?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Club Nights or the Multi-Stage Festivals?

Electronic music in this current age has somewhat evolved not in quality but definitely in quantity. In our digital generation from the introduction of Pioneer CDJ's to touch-screen mixers, to the bedroom DJ's. The current generation; my generation has always pushed for the more bang for your buck theory.

I have always recognised here especially in Sydney the club nights are filled with an much older crowd, who seemed like they were there to witness Sasha and Digweed on the Renaissance tour. Whereas, in the festival scene you would see kids possibly half your age, and you ask yourself, I hope your parents know where you are and are you even legal to be in here?

After catching up with a few friends who have dissipated to the endless European summer in search to be recognised as the next big thing we always focus our discussions on one thing: which would you prefer; Club Nights or The Festivals?

Personally I always will prefer the intimate club nights, hearing and experiencing a thorough 7hr set in a dark room is all me, but Festivals these days provide you with everything, spectacles, fireworks, line-ups bigger than Ben Hur, the whole travelling and facilitating circus.

So, I wanted to get a worldwide perspective on this.
    Dark, Sweaty, Club Nights!!
    75.00%
    Hernan and Nick Warren B2B @ Moonpark!!
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

• Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Club Nights or the Multi-Stage Festivals?

dark and intimate is better!

they play better aswell!

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Dark and dirty.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• unkle
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Mar 2007

Club Nights for me.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Illuminate
          Electronic music in this current age has somewhat evolved not in quality but definitely in quantity. In our digital generation from the introduction of Pioneer CDJ's to touch-screen mixers, to the bedroom DJ's. The current generation; my generation has always pushed for the more bang for your buck theory.

I have always recognised here especially in Sydney the club nights are filled with an much older crowd, who seemed like they were there to witness Sasha and Digweed on the Renaissance tour. Whereas, in the festival scene you would see kids possibly half your age, and you ask yourself, I hope your parents know where you are and are you even legal to be in here?

After catching up with a few friends who have dissipated to the endless European summer in search to be recognised as the next big thing we always focus our discussions on one thing: which would you prefer; Club Nights or The Festivals?

Personally I always will prefer the intimate club nights, hearing and experiencing a thorough 7hr set in a dark room is all me, but Festivals these days provide you with everything, spectacles, fireworks, line-ups bigger than Ben Hur, the whole travelling and facilitating circus.

So, I wanted to get a worldwide perspective on this.
          That poll is too hard for me Moonpark is unique. !! It can't be classed. It's not a festival. It combines the best of both worlds.

Now I'm pretty sure most here know what I would choose between a Dark sweaty club and a festival.

Festivals these days provide you with everything, spectacles, fireworks, line-ups bigger than Ben Hur, the whole travelling and facilitating circus.
          But is it about the music ?? Because I don't want any of this. I just want great music. It's pretty well impossible for a Dj to play his best in a short set at a festival, usually with crap d sound!

Except for Moonpark iot would have to be dark sweaty clubs. The darker the better

Btw I'm working on coming to Sydney for Hernan's Sydney gig. Biggest problem is finding somewhere to sleep/shower etc. on the Sunday ! Sydney or Canberra. Hotels don't let you book in before 2.00pm and I really don't want to pay for two nights when I am only going to be staying a few hours.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• trick12
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jul 2007

id prefer seeing hernan and howells b2b in a dark club rather than a stage, but moonpark is a hard one
            Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

^^^ You would absolutely love Moonpark. Having done just that, seen Hernan and Danny b2b at Moonpark , It was an amazing experience. Let's agree to do both one day !!
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DIDI

Btw I'm working on coming to Sydney for Hernan's Sydney gig. Biggest problem is finding somewhere to sleep/shower etc. on the Sunday ! Sydney or Canberra. Hotels don't let you book in before 2.00pm and I really don't want to pay for two nights when I am only going to be staying a few hours.
                Ah too bad I'm not in Sydney

Unfortunately festivals are most definitely not about the music, and more about some ephemeral vibe that is usually a coalescence of lights, people, drugs, alcohol, and then music. Whereas in a club I'd say the music takes a bit more precedence in that hierarchy.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

Moonpark can not be regarded as a festival, even a night club.
                  is a unique experience. the magic that come out from that place is incredible.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

That is what I said !! I want to go back

Comment

• trick12
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DIDI
                      ^^^ You would absolutely love Moonpark. Having done just that, seen Hernan and Danny b2b at Moonpark , It was an amazing experience. Let's agree to do both one day !!
                      agreed, its just too far for me, but will make it happen oneday

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Are you further away than me ??

Comment

• trick12
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jul 2007

how long is the flight from australia to BA?

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

12000 k

Although with connections it's a lot further.

Comment

• trick12
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jul 2007

how man hours i meant, from where im at now it'll be about 30hrs to get there

Comment

Working...